Hares with the rimmy.

over here the hare is only controlled by the rifle,they are in plague numbers in the highcountry, they used to have hare drives with huge numbers killed. i like the repect the hare is given by you guys with dogs, i can imagine how a hare can out turn a dog, had a few pigdogs that thought they would like to play lurcher.

dogsandhares043.jpg

223 hare......i use hares to train my gwp's,they enjoy tracking them.

dogsandhares041.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your land your hares , kill them how you like and feck all these c**ts on here with there pathetick excuses.

there no dowt that hares are great to course ( pre ban) look at my avatar. but we all have our own faverout ways to hunt . just keep on hunting how ever you do it.

and if you dont like reading about hares being shot dont go on the shooting section :gunsmilie:

simple realy aint it TOMO

every man to there own sport but in my eyes hare are for coursing not for shootin :feck:

:clapper: Well said mate, its one of the easiest things in the world to shoot a hare, whether night or day, but to course one thats another matter.

wont go any further with this the twats not worth it.

As I said before ,I dont find it sport ,the reason I posted it was to highlight the problem of bands of ,well ,what can only be described as lowlife misfits who think the countryside is open to all and sundry to do whatever they like and threaten whoever they like .Call me old school or whatever but where is the respect for the land in these people .That great athlete ,the hare is nearly always left to rot after capture so where is the respect in that .I have no problem with coursing ,have done it plenty of times but this mindset I cannot except .If you enjoy your coursing,fair law and respect the quarry then fair play .If on the other hand you fall into the lowlife category ,and are thinking of visiting Wiltshire ,your dog is fair game .

I dont think they leave a hare to rot mate, too much meat on a hare to do that, howd you know they was low lif anyway, and not decent upright honest to goodness poachers???

i think that any one that shoots hares deserves to be shot there selvs at least [bANNED TEXT] a dog is behind them they have a chance of getting away but u c**ts wid gun as soon as there in ya sights BANG 100% dead the hare deerves more than that :gunsmilie::censored:

Jesus christ lad, grow the hell up!

Some of the responses in this thread are laughable. Were they typed by monkeys or 12 year olds?

Wether you agree with the way the hares were killed or not, FD had a job to do. The farmer wanted the hares gone to stop the trespassers illegally entering onto his land and coursing. They had been asked previously to leave and given back abuse. So what should his next step be? Shoot them? Their dog? Call the police?

He took the easier option by removing their target. The hares. No hares - no trespassers.

As for calling someone scum and other such idiotic names, I think a few members on here need to grow up and stop being childish Keyboard warriors.

One question to all those that do chase hares with dogs, do you have permission on the land you go on or are you trespassing also?

WHATS HE DO PUT A SIGN UP SAYIN KEEP OUT THERES NO HARES COS I SHOT EM ALL

For those that are trespassing - Hypocrite springs to mind.

what a tosser you are if the dogging lads are out in the daylight the anties and courts are enough to contend with what the point in you killing the lot you might as well let them have there sport all this crap about the abuse and threats what a load of crap you and your mate are pair TWA***TS

look buddy your new to this site me and fox dropper where doing the farmer a favour, if it were your land would you want people on there coursing hares without your permission and bringing unwanted attention to your farm?

farmers dont want lads coursing ,no money involved.the lads whove served for their country,er sorry the farmers country in wars etc,no respect anymore ,aggression rules eh pal,your a tosser as much as them lads,

your land your hares , kill them how you like and feck all these c**ts on here with there pathetick excuses.

there no dowt that hares are great to course ( pre ban) look at my avatar. but we all have our own faverout ways to hunt . just keep on hunting how ever you do it.

and if you dont like reading about hares being shot dont go on the shooting section

here/here well said

FD simply asking a question, as we in eire are not allowed to shoot hare with a rifle. ihave shot plenty with a shotgun though to thin them out, i just didn't know you could shoot them with a rifle in england... plus as you state, respect for the quarry and it not been wasted, then its served a purpose.

SNAP SHOT i didnt relise that hares couldnt be shot with a rifle in eire, do you have the same law that hares cannot be shot at night unless you are the owner of the land or employed by the owner . i also like hares but have also shot them as requested by my employer.

Edited by weejohn
  • 2 weeks later...

and if you dont like reading about hares being shot dont go on the shooting section :gunsmilie:

simple realy aint it TOMO

Dont see what the problem is in shooting some hare! i would do the same if the farmer on any of my permission asked me to. I prefer to dig foxes, but to ensure i dont lose ground i dont mind lamping some if they are becoming a nuisance.

Everyone is missing the point here, if its illegal to course hares then there's not really much of an alternative is there. Looks to me like there's a fair few folks on here that are regularly poaching and breaking the law then boasting about it. I'd be inclined to keep it under wraps :whistling: