Won £1M.....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Firstly, A house with no mortgage would make me a very happy chap. £400-500ks worth. Nice big garage/workshop/kennels ect   Do a few quid on motors, the misses a nice fast estate like the Audi rs6,

I'd buy a cattery .......... Then f**king torch it!  

I would take our lass too every fuxxing shit hole b+b I stayed in over the years working away just so she knows what I've had to put up with then move to the high lands to live

jasus lads ye are all mad for an old place on a few acres....... trust me ya would want to have a million to have it!! when i bough my place (small old mill) on a few acres i was delighted, put up me kennels and everytin was hunky dorey....... fekin place is just a money pit.... no kidding old places are forever needing somthing done and because they are old everything is a big job and really pricey...

buy your few acres and build a new house!! better n cheaper all round........ a mill isnt a whole lot with the cost of everything these days.

Edited by fox digger
  • Like 2

jasus lads ye are all mad for an old place on a few acres....... trust me ya would want to have a million to have it!! when i bough my place (small old mill) on a few acres i was delighted, put up me kennels and everytin was hunky dorey....... fekin place is just a money pit.... no kidding old places are forever needing somthing done and because they are old everything is a big job and really pricey...

buy your few acres and build a new house!! better n cheaper all round........ a mill isnt a whole lot with the cost of everything these days.

Aye, sod that, I'd be buying a relatively newly built place tucked away in a smart but quiet country village. 4 bed and absolutely immaculate inside, classy bathroom with huge tub and massive walk-in shower/wetroom, big open fire in master bedroom and log burner in grand fireplace in the lounge.

Like I said, I can fantasise......

• Like 1

Aye, sod that, I'd be buying a relatively newly built place tucked away in a smart but quiet country village. 4 bed and absolutely immaculate inside, classy bathroom with huge tub and massive walk-in shower/wetroom, big open fire in master bedroom and log burner in grand fireplace in the lounge.

What you going to do with the spare bedrooms? :blink::laugh:

Since I enjoy what I have at the moment and wouldn't want to retire just yet only 21 years till I'm 60 then I'm done :boogy: so I'd spend a fair bit on the kids education and setting them up for life it would go a long way to paying private school,student fees, mortgage deposits etc

As someone told me years ago "its okay buying the big hacienda, its having the time and the money to run it"

For £1 mil, buy a small place, in a nice place. Retire, and live off the interest on your investments. then enjoy your chosen path in life

Time is the one thing you can't buy!

Firstly, A house with no mortgage would make me a very happy chap. £400-500ks worth. Nice big garage/workshop/kennels ect

Do a few quid on motors, the misses a nice fast estate like the Audi rs6, Then I would go for a dodge ram 2500 4x4 5.9 straight 6 turbo diesel and tune the fu*k outa it...

A good holiday for us....

Then what ever is left into either a business or property...

My old man said he saw his uncle go from being a fit strong bloke to a weak pale mess in a hospital when he was in his 40s, he had leukaemia. His last word to my dad was if you want something, and you can afford it, have it!! You never know what's round the corner...I'll never forget that...

• Like 6

Yeh plus a good few acres as well....that is my dream. Not even sure what i'd do with it but the thought of no neighbours and a big space to wander around on would be fantastic. Maybe a little strip of river or stream for the brown trout as well.

I'm with Born Hunter.

Spend about £500k on a little country pub. No mortgage and not too many outgoings. Pub would pay for itself and bring in enough to live off hopefully.

Spend £100k on luxuries. Little motor for the missus, nice 4x4 for me, decent kennel set up, treat my parents and sister to a nice holiday, treat the missus to a shopping spree and treat myself to a nice new shotgun, brand new Winchester SX3 or a nice Benelli.

Then I would spend the other £400k on 3 properties to rent out bringing in approx £1200 a month.

Keep dreaming hey :laugh:

Stick it in the bank and you'd only get 25 grand a year to live on. Spend it and it would run out soon enough.

Not sure that's enough to retire on early if you still have a mortgage and kids and want to just live on teh interest. You'd have to stick it in a managed fund with all the risks that come with it.

I can get you 10% :laugh::laugh:

is £1M enough to retire on?

Depends. Invest it all could potentially give you an income of around £5000 a month. If you spend half of your £1m then you would expect to half that. How ever £1m is around the threshold amount needed to gain access to that type of investment fund