Theres a few different ways to attach diffetent bands...

But i think you would be over complicating things to start off with...

The best bit of advice i can give...

IS MAKE A CATCHBOX...

Your more inclined to practice when your not losing all your ammo...

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/273415-simple-catapult-catch-box/page-3

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish I made a catch box. I fear for my windows every time in cut the grass.......

It depends how you hold the catapult....will affect how comfortable something is...   Some catapults are made to be held a certain way... others are 'multi functional' ....   Heres the best pictur

Great stuff.......im looking forward to getting this now ....i said to the mrs " im getting a catapult ".....the look of contempt was priceless ...." aint it about time you grew up " she says   A r

IS MAKE A CATCHBOX...

Your more inclined to practice when your not losing all your ammo...http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/273415-simple-catapult-catch-box/page-3

I,ll be happy just to get it in the box at this stage :icon_redface:

Wish I made a catch box. I fear for my windows every time in cut the grass.......

• Like 5

IS MAKE A CATCHBOX...

Your more inclined to practice when your not losing all your ammo...

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/273415-simple-catapult-catch-box/page-3

I,ll be happy just to get it in the box at this stage :icon_redface:

:laugh: me too, mine would need to be a skip :D

Aye BPR but really my main question is, would a template of wood for a thumb stick be ok for a catapult? Or am I just being lazy :D I know the thought of me losing my front two teeth might raise a cheer but I'd rather avoid it :D

Aye guys lol, not sure if you understand. I've got a couple of bits of wood that are rough templates for a walking stick. Think one of them is ash. They look perfect size for a catapult but I'm not sure if the wood will be strong enough. They must be about an inch thick. This is all by memory, it's been easy 2 years since I laid eyes on them but I know I have them.

Baw... hardwoods arent the best for catapults as they can split down the grain.... that said... ive seen lots of people make them from hardwood and be fine... but if it does split.... your fcuked..

Thats why people use birch plywood... it wont split at all...

BUT...

Just use what you have...

A catapult made out of something....

Is better than no catapult at all....

f**k it, I'll just make a walking stick catapult :laugh:

best you can use mate if the fork is nice and level and fits into your hand comfortable no doubt its seasoned . :thumbs: ive got forks here over twenty years old .they last a life time if looked after

Thats me sorted im out making my debut as a catty owner tomorrow thanks to BPR nice one chief arrived today :thumbs: .....A quilt hanging from a tree in the garden is my first target...just as a confidence booster like.......a double quilt naturally :icon_redface:

Edited by gnasher16

Baw... hardwoods arent the best for catapults as they can split down the grain.... that said... ive seen lots of people make them from hardwood and be fine... but if it does split.... your fcuked..

Thats why people use birch plywood... it wont split at all...

BUT...

Just use what you have...

A catapult made out of something....

Is better than no catapult at all....

This is my fear mate, I've seen them split rasping them into shape. Thanks anyway mate :thumbs:

f**k it, I'll just make a walking stick catapult :laugh:

best you can use mate if the fork is nice and level and fits into your hand comfortable no doubt its seasoned . :thumbs: ive got forks here over twenty years old .they last a life time if looked after

I fancy giving it a go mate. I dunno how practical it would be right enough. A walking thumb stick, shooting stick, wading stick and catty all in 1 :laugh: