Artificial Earths

Alright lads was just wondering if many of you had had much experience with the construction of artificial earths and what's the best way to construct them, was wanting to try a couple out myself to see if they worth it. Any tips or pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers mick.

Al have a look mate av heard a few people say about using pipes and that sort of things but a don't wanna put any money into it for it not too work, just heard about a few people using old bricks and stone and that sort of thing was just seeing if anyone had any advice

brick and slab is the best as its natural...second is wood. i like old scaffolding boards.. then lastly plastic pipe as unatural as hell!

We have old glazed artificials on this etate been in over 50 years plus concrete pipe ones they all hold well but the best by far for holding is three modern plastic ones ..Ive worked this estate 40 years so have good knowledge of the holding qualities

• Like 1

Do you all let your artificials extend naturally?

if that questions to me they cannot extend as they are piped into chambers of either brick or metal
what plastic pipe do you use and what will you use as a chamber with the plastic pipes
  • 11 months later...

I can't see why people make it so technical Foxes are found in the strangest of places. Concrete pipes are a great spot for foxes . If I was going to construct one I would get some of the pipe dig a trench 3 ft deep in a Y sort of shape. Making 2 entrances and one blinder. Back fill it and leave it for a year

I can't see why people make it so technical Foxes are found in the strangest of places. Concrete pipes are a great spot for foxes . If I was going to construct one I would get some of the pipe dig a trench 3 ft deep in a Y sort of shape. Making 2 entrances and one blinder. Back fill it and leave it for a year

Practice and theory are two different things..... :thumbs:

• Like 2