John Harrison Leaving Ullswater

Herdus

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful part of the world...         For a Lincolnshire lad, it's a pretty magical place.

Good luck to whoever gets the job, as has been said it's not a job it's a way of life. Plus whoever carries the horn for any pack has to put up with being compared to huntsmen of past with an army of

i couldent agree more about the first bit (and a bit of the second)....edmund is a true gent of the highest order! as is George the huntsman.. they will both take a min and ask every one how they are

Stop fannying on & spill the beans :-)

Hear hear...

This is the most cryptic thred since that Blackwater lurcher shite....

Now, someone's not popular and someone is and for someone who ain't been up the Lakes to hunt for far to long but unfortunately found most (but not all!) Fell huntsmen to be arrogant, verging on damn right rude to any outsiders (particularly those with a rather strong scouse accent!), feck all that cloak and dagger stuff, get to the point, or it'll be a damn sight longer before I tread the fells to hunt again....

Stop fannying on & spill the beans :-)

Hear hear...

This is the most cryptic thred since that Blackwater lurcher shite....

Now, someone's not popular and someone is and for someone who ain't been up the Lakes to hunt for far to long but unfortunately found most (but not all!) Fell huntsmen to be arrogant, verging on damn right rude to any outsiders (particularly those with a rather strong scouse accent!), feck all that cloak and dagger stuff, get to the point, or it'll be a damn sight longer before I tread the fells to hunt again....

not me :whistling: but i hear its out in the open now so some one may aswell... i nominate gonetoearth :laugh:

Thing is though.... Does it, to the rest of us, really matter..? :huh:

The only thing 'I' would be interested in, with Fell huntsmen, is if they are alright with you and, even though you've rang for your invitation (which was granted) and behave impeccably, they at least have the decency to even look at you with something above contempt... Few ever have, fewer still have ever given the time of day... Edmund Porter being the only one to take time out to talk and more. :yes:

Feck me, this ain't the fecking Apprentice tv show, this ain't the next governor of the Bank Of England, it ain't even in corporate business league.... Its local, its basic, its the one job that on here, personality would really matter, feck hunting ability.... Fell huntsmen need a reality check, this is the 21st century... P.R. is everything... :laugh:

Thing is though.... Does it, to the rest of us, really matter..? :huh:

The only thing 'I' would be interested in, with Fell huntsmen, is if they are alright with you and, even though you've rang for your invitation (which was granted) and behave impeccably, they at least have the decency to even look at you with something above contempt... Few ever have, fewer still have ever given the time of day... Edmund Porter being the only one to take time out to talk and more. :yes:

Feck me, this ain't the fecking Apprentice tv show, this ain't the next governor of the Bank Of England, it ain't even in corporate business league.... Its local, its basic, its the one job that on here, personality would really matter, feck hunting ability.... Fell huntsmen need a reality check, this is the 21st century... P.R. is everything... :laugh:

i couldent agree more about the first bit (and a bit of the second)....edmund is a true gent of the highest order! as is George the huntsman.. they will both take a min and ask every one how they are and have craic. i have a real bad stammer but its good to know that mr porter will take a few mins and listen to me mumble and stumble thur a sentence :thumbs:

• Like 2