Wheaton Terriers

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Neil this is the dog you judged in Tandragee that day,the photo was actually taken that morn.

Always had the kids around the dogs,just like when we were kids ourselves.

just a few photos of the wheatons today   3hours walk while the suns out

Posted Images

That brings back memories. I have a very good video somewhere of Tandragee.

Even though it's only and an hour and a half up the road from me it used to take me 2 or 3 days to get home, LOL.

That an Irish thing Neil.

It's an Irish thing Liam but sadly it's nearly a thing of the past.

Shinnawill :laugh:

I've got an Irish mate here who went out one afternoon to get some shopping for lunch and ended up on a three dayer :laugh: I was stood in the feckin kitchen waiting for me mussels :laugh:

• Like 3

Anyone remember the weight pulling one year (one of the last) where 2 dogs pulled equal weight but there was no more building blocks left so a child was put on top.

One dog pulled with the child on top, one didn't.

It was a great show with dog men coming from Cork, Limerick, Wales, England and Holland most years.

They were happy days and never an argument over a ribbon.

Like I say, the wheaten class was just that, class.

I don't think anyone in those days kept a wheaten for anything other than what they were bred for.

Am I right in thinking Neil you feel their work is best consigned to the past?

Not a dig (excuse pun), just rung a bell from a previous thread

When worked correctly there is absolutely nothing wrong with working the wheaten terrier.

However, IMO, very few know what a wheatens job is (and please lets not start a debate on the WWW.) and those that think they do should not discuss it on the inter-net.

When combined with fools with cameras and egos the strongdog can do more harm to terrierwork than any other aspect.

that isn't just happening with strong dogs it's happening with the terriers at the end of digs and lurchers too. Just look at that hardcore site. Feck me I'm surprised there hasn't been more. People lifted

That brings back memories. I have a very good video somewhere of Tandragee.

Even though it's only and an hour and a half up the road from me it used to take me 2 or 3 days to get home, LOL.

That an Irish thing Neil.

It's an Irish thing Liam but sadly it's nearly a thing of the past.

Sad days,you cannot go on the tear anymore and drive full of pints,with the dogs looking out the back window.

• Like 2

Anyone remember the weight pulling one year (one of the last) where 2 dogs pulled equal weight but there was no more building blocks left so a child was put on top.

One dog pulled with the child on top, one didn't.

It was a great show with dog men coming from Cork, Limerick, Wales, England and Holland most years.

They were happy days and never an argument over a ribbon.

Like I say, the wheaten class was just that, class.

I don't think anyone in those days kept a wheaten for anything other than what they were bred for.

Am I right in thinking Neil you feel their work is best consigned to the past?

Not a dig (excuse pun), just rung a bell from a previous thread

When worked correctly there is absolutely nothing wrong with working the wheaten terrier.

However, IMO, very few know what a wheatens job is (and please lets not start a debate on the WWW.) and those that think they do should not discuss it on the inter-net.

When combined with fools with cameras and egos the strongdog can do more harm to terrierwork than any other aspect.

that isn't just happening with strong dogs it's happening with the terriers at the end of digs and lurchers too. Just look at that hardcore site. Feck me I'm surprised there hasn't been more. People lifted

What web site is that ? Pm me

Cheers