Gps/rf Dog Trackers

"Is it because my dogs are getting faster or am I just getting slower" is the question I have been asking myself for the past two years or so. Only recently, one of my long standing farming neighbours laughingly told me I will have to get trackers for the dogs, just as an off the cuff, witty comment during the course of one of our many conversations. However, it had the effect of triggering a train of thought in me at the time and it's only now that I've begun to think that perhaps the old chap's words could unknowingly be worth more than just a bit of banter, it may have been some good practical advise.

So, I'm wondering is there anyone with direct hands on experience and knowledge on THL who is currently using any sort of GPS or radio frequency tracking devises on their hunting dogs, in a tough geographical range on hilly farmland with bogs, rivers and forestry etc who can provide any sort of advise on this sort of technology please?

I would be very interested to learn more on this subject and if this is posted in the wrong place, please feel free to make the necessary correction.

A guy down here in Wales uses Them on his lead Hounds I believe...give block end a pm im sure hen could tell you more...

Thank you for the information. I was wondering would they work at all for technical reasons in this part of the world.

Are they only available from the US, i wonder how much £ you might get charged import tax on top of the actual cost (around £400) of buying them.

I had not even considered the import duties ha ha

They are good to 100% honest they are not needed in us they use them for hog dogs but here in uk only time you will ever need them is with pointer I got mine for my pointer and friends as it come with 2 collars but after month or so we never needed them dogs anyways stay close

They are good to 100% honest they are not needed in us they use them for hog dogs but here in uk only time you will ever need them is with pointer I got mine for my pointer and friends as it come with 2 collars but after month or so we never needed them dogs anyways stay close