How did everyone find this season? Certainly not good as the last but then that was an exceptional year. We really lacked the cold weather to bring the birds to the food. Pleased with the results after such a wet year and we had a shaky start with backward birds but it all came right , thank god. We shot a good return on our partridge but a poor year on the pheasants, even if there is still plenty about just did not catch up with them. Just interested to see how others found it?

• Like 1

keeper mate I know had a very poor return on pheasants 2000 put down 650 ish shot -weather played a major part in it he was told that he is no longer needed now --poor bugger ---he is a bloody hard working keeper too

The amount of natural food and mild weather , meant i found it difficult to get my birds on the feed and concentrated where i wanted them . I switched my feeding regime from spinning to hoppers and minolas . I was spinning wheat only to see it left on the ground and start chitting ! On shoot days it also meant that i was having to blank in much larger areas to get the birds in the drives .

Having said that , the spring and summer were very kind and the birds released with few problems . Also my cover crops did better than previous years . Interestingly i was only 1% down on the previous season which was my best ever .

Been a very hard year, lost drives due to the weather before we even started shooting and birds never properly came onto the food but still broke some records so happy days! Aslong as they can see you have put the work in they have got to understand it doesnt always work

released 750 this season shot 346 46% return this season as said before plenty of feed in the drivers in hoppers and blanking in for drives, we also put a few outside days on which helped dog in and also shoot any birds on the boundaries hopefully next season will be bigger and better looking to release a lot more and already starting work now :)