Fitting Larsen Springs

evening all im currently building a larsen trap Ihave all my materials and will be making a start Tuesday but im wondering if anyone can get me some photos of the spring attachments which leg of the spring goes on the door the long one or the short one ? do you staple both legs of the spring one to the door and one to the trap ? also my threaded bar is supposed to be 6mm to fit inside the 7mm diameter of the spring but when I push the threaded rod inside it isn't a snug fit does this matter ? any advice would be greatly appreciated as I cant find the info about them or cant understand the info on the how to build a Larsen trap post on THL any answers are very welcome photos deffinatly welcome thanks lads

I don't think I've got any pictures; but basically, you fit the doors and the door springs before you put the ply that acts as a door stop over the top. The doors then sit higher than the top of the trap until you screw (you need to use good woodscrews rather than nails) the strips of ply down.

Does that make sense?

yes mate they board of ply is there to stop the doors to spring right up mate im asking about the fitting of the springs like which way do they go just seen a thread saying they should be under tension before there stapled on and also im not sure if the threaded bar should fit snug inside of the spring or be alittle loose

yes mate they board of ply is there to stop the doors to spring right up mate im asking about the fitting of the springs like which way do they go just seen a thread saying they should be under tension before there stapled on and also im not sure if the threaded bar should fit snug inside of the spring or be alittle loose

The door hinge bar shouldn't be too tight.

When fitted, the door should be about 45 degrees past where the door stops should be. You then push the door down to the 'open' position and fit the door stops.

There is only one way the springs can fit; slide them on and the natural position of the door (without the doorstops) should be 45 degrees past their 'closed' position.

Sorry, I know that doesn't make sense.