Help With Crombo Readings Being Over 12Ft-Lbs

with the chrobo mate what weight are you putting in 8.4 or 8.5 as yu carnt put 44 and that . or a grain does make the difference take it to a shop mate and have them put it over for you if its still over neads sorting really mate thing is now the old bill are n it and are wanting to take all rifles to be tested

Bad advise!

reason why!

if he takes it to a shop,the RFD has the right to confiscate the rifle,as it is classed a section one firearm.and by law they are duty bound to inform the police.

with the chrobo mate what weight are you putting in 8.4 or 8.5 as yu carnt put 44 and that . or a grain does make the difference take it to a shop mate and have them put it over for you if its still over neads sorting really mate thing is now the old bill are n it and are wanting to take all rifles to be tested

I'm putting 8.4 mate. I only got the gun a few months back and with it was a test certificate saying average 11.14 with AA fields.

If the horizontal trick don't even things out I'll have to get it tested at a shop then send it back to the original shop for resetting.

Thanks fella :thumbs:

as has been mentioned,try it horizontal. i have always done it this way and always been fine :thumbs:

great to hear you have paperwork stating it was set at 11.4fpe. :thumbs:

if the above dose not work take it back to the shop you got it from,show them the paperwork, they provided with the rifle.

they should tweak it for you?

ask for it to be set at 11.1fpe,this will be safe for you,don't get hung up on power.

accuracy over power every time!

you might find as well that you are filling it past its sweet spot,hence the erratic behavior from the shots.you need to shoot a string from a full fill and this will show you its sweet spot.ask the shop to do this for you and tell them to set it at 11.1fpe on its sweet spot,you will be safe then buddy.

i have found in the past filling a PCP to maximum/recommended fill is a total waist of air,unless its regulated.i fill my AAS410 to 170 bar and shoot down to 110 bar as this is the rifles sweet point :thumbs:

good luck with it,and let us know how you get on :thumbs:

Just what I was looking for mate! You pretty much answered my questions and then some.

Great advice thanks! I'll let you know the score when I get sorted :thumbs:

By the way love your vids on youtube, cracking stuff!! :thumbs:

ATB Geordieboy

thanks Geordieboy,we appreciate the comments :thumbs: glad i could help :thumbs:

• Like 1

That sounds abit close for comfort especially this time of year.

I don't bother with setting the pellet weight in the crombro. I just get the fps and work it out using a calculator. using exacts you need to be under 800 fps.

you don't need a calculator,just press the pds button,it will give you fpe/fps :thumbs:

• Like 1

I don't bother putting the pellet weights in as you only get one decimal place so its not as accurate with some pellets. granted its not much about 15% of a ftlb max, but I just use the fps to calculate the mv using the following

pellet grain x fps x fps divided by 450240

Bad advise!

reason why!

if he takes it to a shop,the RFD has the right to confiscate the rifle,as it is classed a section one firearm.and by law they are duty bound to inform the police.

all depends on the shop only a fcuking tool would take your gun off of you that you bought from him n tbh if its your local shop and he knows you you will be alright ive took many a guns to my local shop that have been over including the sfs s2 pushing out 14ftlb with no issues n the horizontal makes no difference from shooting it into the ground

Edited by andy97

The first Super 10 I had was bought secondhand with no air in it (negotiated a healthy discount for that). I zeroed it 10 30 metres (it was a .22) and to my surprise I found that the hold over required to shoot targets at 60 metres was minimal). It was very good at making holes in things and I put it down to the superior BSA design.

Then one day we managed to buy a secondhand Combro, I put the pellet weight in, it read 28 ft lb on the Combro. Panic! Unloaded gun, removed air bottle, got it to an RFD. He checked the serial number with the police records, not listed as stolen nor was it on the FAC register. He removed the action from the stock and did read the following label "For Export Only". He surmised some plonker had bought a Super 10, had a regulator fail, bought one cheap from the internet, not checking what it as, put it in, checked it, crapped himself, unloaded it. Rather like what happened to me, apart from the fact I bought it from him!

He gave me a price for replacing the regulator, then offered me £100 more than we paid for the gun. This we accepted, he put it on ticket and as far as I know still has the beast.

Combros can save you from nasty fines, jail etc!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Combros are a pain. Mine was new and I got inconsistent readings , a combination of a stealth gun and a combro wasn't working readings from 8ft lb - 17ft lb. I bought an f1 and nice and smooth 11.1 ftlb with bisley magnums in .22 at 21.4 grains.

Check that your combro hasn't taken a clip from a pellet and check the batteries , I found out after that mine had both , bad batteries and a small crack , it now seems to run fine.

I think a change or a little leniency in the law needs sorting , if someone's gun is confiscated and shoots something like 12.3 it's not done on purpose clearly and like said above if manufacturers can sell guns that shoot over with any pellet surely that's them breaking the law.

I could be wrong mate but if the gun was bought new and has not been apart it shouldn't be shooting over 12 do you lube your pellets prior. Although bisley magnums are a heavy pellet there are heavier out there, what I would do if I was you is yptry and find some extremely heavy pellets and then stick 50 of them through it and to reveals the barrel then chrono a string of 20 and see what results you get, the police have possession of my hw97kt and have just sent me the report and they used pellets that were 18gr It didn't says what they were just the weight. Once you have that result use it as a reduction target if your less than 12 with heavies in theory you should be ok :) hope this helps.

ATB Nathan

Combros are a pain. Mine was new and I got inconsistent readings , a combination of a stealth gun and a combro wasn't working readings from 8ft lb - 17ft lb. I bought an f1 and nice and smooth 11.1 ftlb with bisley magnums in .22 at 21.4 grains. Check that your combro hasn't taken a clip from a pellet and check the batteries , I found out after that mine had both , bad batteries and a small crack , it now seems to run fine. I think a change or a little leniency in the law needs sorting , if someone's gun is confiscated and shoots something like 12.3 it's not done on purpose clearly and like said above if manufacturers can sell guns that shoot over with any pellet surely that's them breaking the law.

that could have been the gun itself mate was the top hat loose