Help With Crombo Readings Being Over 12Ft-Lbs

Hi all, I recently got giving a Crombo and I been putting some pellets through my Brocock Concept to test power and which pellet does what.

I've been using JSB Exacts weighing 8.44 and Found them very consistent around the sweet spot. However some have been reading bang on 12 ft-lbs. Being worried I bought a batch of 50 Bisley Magnums weighing 10.5. I put a string of 20 through just earlier and as you can guess, first was 11.84 and slowly rising so by the 10th shot it went 12.02. 12.12, 12.08, 12.22, 11.98, 12.29, 12.12....WORRIED!

I'm after advice please. Could it be the Crombo? Or is the way I was firing the pellets while testing have an effect?

I had the Crombo the correct way on the end of my gun, and was firing down into the soft grass. Will pointing it down have and effect or does it make no difference?

I can't really go out with my gun now as I'm worried.

ATB Geordieboy

with the chrobo mate what weight are you putting in 8.4 or 8.5 as yu carnt put 44 and that . or a grain does make the difference take it to a shop mate and have them put it over for you if its still over neads sorting really mate thing is now the old bill are n it and are wanting to take all rifles to be tested

• Like 1

I could be wrong but im sure If you're using a crono that the shot should be shot as horizontal as is possible

That's what I was maybe thinking or hoping was the reason. I'll try tomorrow horizontal and hopefuly it's sorted it out!

Thanks fella

with the chrobo mate what weight are you putting in 8.4 or 8.5 as yu carnt put 44 and that . or a grain does make the difference take it to a shop mate and have them put it over for you if its still over neads sorting really mate thing is now the old bill are n it and are wanting to take all rifles to be tested

I'm putting 8.4 mate. I only got the gun a few months back and with it was a test certificate saying average 11.14 with AA fields.

If the horizontal trick don't even things out I'll have to get it tested at a shop then send it back to the original shop for resetting.

Thanks fella :thumbs:

hello pal i was thinking this exact same thing the other day my bsa lightning is at 11.9 ive only used rws hollow points and chances are a different make could tip it over legal, if my local gun shop tested it and it was say 12,1 would they by law have a duty to seize the gun or would have to tweak it back to legal, and if the police chronoed it would they have to do test it with a series of shots to then round an average up??? sorry didnt mean to answer your question with a question but it is like skot says theres a very fine line between ok on ya way and your nicked for posession of a firearm

• Like 2

Bad advise!

reason why!

if he takes it to a shop,the RFD has the right to confiscate the rifle,as it is classed a section one firearm.and by law they are duty bound to inform the police.

• Like 1

I'm putting 8.4 mate. I only got the gun a few months back and with it was a test certificate saying average 11.14 with AA fields.

If the horizontal trick don't even things out I'll have to get it tested at a shop then send it back to the original shop for resetting.

as has been mentioned,try it horizontal. i have always done it this way and always been fine :thumbs:

great to hear you have paperwork stating it was set at 11.4fpe. :thumbs:

if the above dose not work take it back to the shop you got it from,show them the paperwork, they provided with the rifle.

they should tweak it for you?

ask for it to be set at 11.1fpe,this will be safe for you,don't get hung up on power.

accuracy over power every time!

you might find as well that you are filling it past its sweet spot,hence the erratic behavior from the shots.you need to shoot a string from a full fill and this will show you its sweet spot.ask the shop to do this for you and tell them to set it at 11.1fpe on its sweet spot,you will be safe then buddy.

i have found in the past filling a PCP to maximum/recommended fill is a total waist of air,unless its regulated.i fill my AAS410 to 170 bar and shoot down to 110 bar as this is the rifles sweet point :thumbs:

good luck with it,and let us know how you get on :thumbs:

• Like 2

Bad advise!

reason why!

if he takes it to a shop,the RFD has the right to confiscate the rifle,as it is classed a section one firearm.and by law they are duty bound to inform the police.

as has been mentioned,try it horizontal. i have always done it this way and always been fine :thumbs:

great to hear you have paperwork stating it was set at 11.4fpe. :thumbs:

if the above dose not work take it back to the shop you got it from,show them the paperwork, they provided with the rifle.

they should tweak it for you?

ask for it to be set at 11.1fpe,this will be safe for you,don't get hung up on power.

accuracy over power every time!

you might find as well that you are filling it past its sweet spot,hence the erratic behavior from the shots.you need to shoot a string from a full fill and this will show you its sweet spot.ask the shop to do this for you and tell them to set it at 11.1fpe on its sweet spot,you will be safe then buddy.

i have found in the past filling a PCP to maximum/recommended fill is a total waist of air,unless its regulated.i fill my AAS410 to 170 bar and shoot down to 110 bar as this is the rifles sweet point :thumbs:

good luck with it,and let us know how you get on :thumbs:

Just what I was looking for mate! You pretty much answered my questions and then some.

Great advice thanks! I'll let you know the score when I get sorted :thumbs:

By the way love your vids on youtube, cracking stuff!! :thumbs:

ATB Geordieboy

• Like 1

all this legal limit shit does my head in. its so easy to go over ! :/

pellet weight, new guns 'bedding in' and 'creeping up' temperature etc.

if I bought a new gun and it was over and I got fuuucked for having a firearm without a license I wouldn't be best pleased!

Aye mate it's a head f**k! If I didn't get given the Crombo I would never have known and makes me think how many people are creeping about the countryside unaware they are using air rifles classed as firearms!

• Like 1