How Important Are Kc Papers

I got a 10 month old working cocker and if she proves herself in the field will be thinking of breeding her and keeping a pup in a few years time but she hasn't got any k.c papers but if she's a good worker would you still bred or would you buy one with papers? Just a question for the future really. atb Jamie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Papers good for wrapping chips in bud, physical soundness ,good temperament, working ability is what counts imo.

More fool you for thinking those papers mean your not buying shite, they paper work is no guarantee that the dog you buy is what the paperwork says it is

Papers mean shit   Best spaniel I have ever owned cost £145 from a farm and the only paper he came with was the daily record he`d been pissing on in his box

Haha you're right there, my bro got her grandmother who is very biddable bitch and her grandfather is very well bred but because grandmother was never kc registered she obviously got no proof of this but like you say as long as she does the job I bought her for suppose it doesn't matter

• Like 1

my mate always says, what would a dog want papers for, sure they can't read.

having said that, if i was getting in a dog to work and possibly breed in the future, i'd get a bitch with kc papers from best breeding i could find. if she proves herself to be a good worker i'd breed. may as well get good money for the pups as poor money.

• 2 weeks later...

I

Papers stop any old knob head breeding off shite ie. puppy farmers

More fool you for buying a dog with no papers

Well done

More fool you for thinking those papers mean your not buying shite, they paper work is no guarantee that the dog you buy is what the paperwork says it is :no:

• Like 7

IPapers stop any old knob head breeding off shite ie. puppy farmersMore fool you for buying a dog with no papersWell done

More fool you for thinking those papers mean your not buying shite, they paper work is no guarantee that the dog you buy is what the paperwork says it is :no:

Fake kc papers are more common that Labradors these days!!! The kennel club have f****d up endless breeds over the years, shower of cnuts

• Like 3

I

Well done

if you had bothered to ask I know were she came I know her grandmother and grandfather her mother and father its just her mother wasn't kc so she isn't but her mother is still a very good beating bitch
  • Like 1

I

Well done

Anyone can forge KC papers! I have one KC and one not. Both pedigree. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that...

I

Well done

Yip having papers stops people breeding shite.....haha. Logged under "shite posts on THL"

• Like 4

more money = more corruption......:yes:

personally i think papers are used as "bullshit baffles brains" to the buyer!!! if i went to buy a terrier or a lurcher pup all id want to see is the mum, dad, healthy pups and then just hope you just get the "feel" that this pup is off the right stuff and off the right person for you.

i honsetly cant see why the price of gundogs has gone up....you can buy a working terrier AND a working lurcher for the daft price some are wanting for gundog pups :blink_eek: crazy if you ask me!!!

this season if been taking my sisters cocker out with the lurchers and she was doing so well i took her on a couple of shoots i can go beating on and she did well for saying she was basically a pet for 2yrs. in the beaters truck i sat and listened to some of the others with dogs saying such and such is the sire and its got this and that in its line etc etc well tbh a few dogs were excellent but some werent worth a wank!!! one cocker bitch was glued to one guys heel the whole day.....never seen it say boo to a pheasant at all.....i heard that guy saying she is due to breakdown for her SECOND time this summer so he will have a litter off her :icon_redface: there was also a cocker bitch on there, admittley not by the guy who has her now, that was bred off at TEN months old and the pups went for £500 a bitch and £450 a dog :icon_eek: just for the simple fact the two bitches above had FTCH on there papers :cray:

so you ask "how important are kc papers" well im just a lurcherman looking in from the outside and my opinion is there for you above.....BUT the likes of dan, lab and ali (and to a much lesser extent rubytex :D )on here deal with these dogs for there livilyhood and if lads like these dont care for them much then that says it all for me ;)

theres a million questions you need to ask before breeding off any bitch imo and any questions about papers should be right at the bottom of the list....JMO....:thumbs:

one thing id like to add is the keeper on one of the shoots told me if i ever had a litter if my bitch i could use his dog for pick of the litter and not once did he ask about her papers :thumbs:

Edited by clipo