Bedlington Whippets?

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lot of half x beddlington whippets, alot of people under estimate these little dogs and can have quite a shock when they see them out doing there job, i cant speak for every one and all dogs are di

I think the main reason some people dont like beddy whips especially first xs is because of useless show beddys and useless show whippets are being bred into the working stock and because people just

My 3/4 whippet 1/4 Beddy, still got a good coat and excellent feet even though only a 1/4 Beddy.

Posted Images

Love crossing dogs and have found its as much to do with the individual dogs used in the x as their breed. I also usually prefer second or third x back to the sight hound as being better dogs we do not have working bedlingtons in Australia. do people x the first x back to the sight hound to maintain the speed or are the first x more favored.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i just lost my beddy xwhip , never had a chance to lamp her,was going to this year,very good at bushing and had a hell of a nose on her and that was her down fall, she would follow a line,we were out bushing she got on a line,whatever it was went across a main road and so did she,a sad end for a bitch with alot of potential. i will add i was not working the dogs near the road befor anyone says anything.

• 2 weeks later...

My lot of half x beddlington whippets, alot of people under estimate these little dogs and can have quite a shock when they see them out doing there job, i cant speak for every one and all dogs are diffrent but mine will do everything i ask day and night they are just as fast as any pure whippet and as hard as any bull x , i found the are hardy dogs and never seem to get layed up and with there good coats protecting them in thick cover , and more than capable of a full days graft

post-101075-0-57271300-1445237782_thumb.jpg

• Like 12
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive had and saw a few dogs with beddy in the blood and beddy whippets fadt game dogs I did own a whippet cracking little bitch had her when she was 2 werent scared to take on stuff but just ended up too timid done everything to not upset bang of a car door she was off

• 2 weeks later...

beddie whippets alrite if they dont hunt up to much and dont yip on the chase ,ones nearer the running dogs i have seen been a bit more usefull ones like terriers ive saw lacked gears on winter wheat on rabbs etc , its your luck never liked to much terrier in a poaching hunting dog ,and some were very small to be usefull ,you want them roughly twenty inches up the way ,rake about has one like a big strong whippet got the potentail

• Like 1