Ferreting Jacket

pipa

Looks a useful sort of garment that, out of curiosity what is the perfect ferreting coat/smock in your experience? I've been trying to find one for 30year and still looking!

I use a goretex dpm jacket; but then I carry a daysack so pockets aren't an issue...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you could take the bag. With you to each hole,,, ,,,   Looks a decent coat none the less,,,

Just found it nick, a pull down meshed cammo face veil? Brilliant Chris

waterproof knee pads swayed it for me

Posted Images

I put nets in my jacket and trouser pocket's pick up ten and dump them in a pile then pick them all up with the game bag checking ive all my nets off a burrow . even with the nets being in your pocket such a short while its surprising how much muck collects in your pockets

Each to there own mate, can't do with going back and forth to the game bag for nets, suits me

Chris

Or you could take the bag. With you to each hole,,, ;),,,

Looks a decent coat none the less,,,

• Like 2

Each to there own mate, can't do with going back and forth to the game bag for nets, suits me

Chris

Or you could take the bag. With you to each hole,,, ;),,,

Looks a decent coat none the less,,,

Could take the bag to every hole and have 3 of my mates following me around to gets nets from it?

Or we could all carry nets in our coats, less the bag to carry rabbits?

Chris

Whatever you choose to wear for ferreting ,.it has to be 'cheap 'n cheerful',.cos its a down and dirty old game.. So,.I purchased,.at great expense,.a Genuine Dutch Army Surplus Helly Hanson Fleece. Warm as toast, at around £15.00 a pop from Ebay...

Edited by Phil Lloyd

Looks a useful sort of garment that, out of curiosity what is the perfect ferreting coat/smock in your experience? I've been trying to find one for 30year and still looking!

I've got a few coats for ferreting depending on the weather, if its a bit wet or cold and windy I have 10oz barbour crastler, I a,so have a deertex pull overcoat with a large front chest pocket,, and a normal lightweight British army jacket for warm Days

Chris

I've just ordered two one for me and my mate after our last trip rain and very muddy these sound and look the part " cheers pipa

nice one mate, there not waterproof but ideal for carting 30 or so nets each,

Chris

I've just ordered two one for me and my mate after our last trip rain and very muddy these sound and look the part " cheers pipa

nice one mate, there not waterproof but ideal for carting 30 or so nets each,

Chris

what size did you order? I got a 42, with you being taller prob 46 will do

I have a gun dog trainers waistcoat, loads of pockets, and a must is an old wax jacket for crawling under thorn hedges to set nets., can be picked up cheap from ebay used with maybe a small tear, doesnt matter for ferreting.

and lastly cheap wax leggings, dont go for the big names.

Again can be bought cheap in ebay.

and a hat or cap which ever takes your fancy.

• Like 1