I want to purchase a large gun safe. 20 firearm capacity minimum. I've researched several companies but have not come to a conclusion as to which manufacturer is the best.

I am hoping some members could shed light on the subject by offering their own experiences, be it good or bad. I'd love to know which companies should be avoided and which ones you know to be top-notch.

I've read countless reviews and every experience seems to be pot luck. Some rave while other have horrible experiences with the same company and same safe. Some arrive damaged or function poorly. Others have horrible experiences with customer service as well as warranty issues. These reviews are all over the place.

I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thanks!

Ernie.

It's a shame you aren't in the same Suffolk as me. When I moved I made my own about 25% bigger than the one in the post above.

Material cost would have been about £100, if I hadn't already had it and the police are more than happy with the construction. Most importantly it is exactly the right size to fit in the wardrobe :)

Edited by Cliff Ray
  • Like 1

Thanks for responding everyone.

Al69ec, that's a fine looking safe.

04Fox8, I will definitely take your advice. It's been too long since I've gone to a show.

Cliff Ray, that's awesome. I'm glad the police are satisfied with your work. I wish I had that level of skill.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By THE STIFFMEISTER
      Hi guys , bit of a long shot , but I’m due to imminently move to the plains of my people and have heard rumours of a firemonger of weapons ?? 
      He is said to be a purveyor of the uks finest steel tomohawks and one of the last true dwarf weapon masters 
      if anyone can point me in the right direction , I’d be greatly pleased 
    • By hawki
      being bone idle on and off the last year an more (travel restrictions) i felt like i was trapped, being in a city made it worse , obviously we all went through the same shit.
      so im thinking about hiking, wild camping what type or gear would i need tips for a beginner etc........
      no vaccine talk.
      no politics. 
      no football
      just pure shit talk please....... ?

• By Miss Lynn
      I want to purchase a pair of boots for the colder weather, I do a lot of walking, and some trekking about the hillsides and trails. I do not want "winter boots" but rather boots that would be suitable for a cold day, but would work with layers of socks rather than thick heavy boots. Several people have told me Meindl is an excellent brand, and that is great, but what kind ? Hiking ? Walking ? Do they make them that they would serve the purpose mentioned above ? Any specifics to look for in a boot for this purpose ?
      Thank you in advance,
      Lynn
    • By Waz
      Is there a way to get a new logbook (v5)for a bit of plant that has a registration, but no log book present. Its 30 year old approx.
    • By Miss Lynn
      Sorry gentlemen to bother you, but I have come to my wits end. My neighbour across the way lets her dog roam as it please when it comes to shitting and urination, she is too lazy to actually take the dog out herself. He seems to have taken to my property and a certain area just under my bedroom window. I do not want to hurt the dog for the sake of her ignorance, but I do very much need to stop him from doing it any longer. The grass and  the shrubs are dying and turning brown and the flowers are just rank with smell that floats up through my bedroom window.
      He is a VERY OVERWEIGHT beagle and leaves behind some damn good deposits.
      I am wondering short of doing something stupid, what can I do to deter the dog from that area or any patches of garden I have? I plan to go to the council about the problem, and lay some of it on the town manager who is an acquaintance of mine, but in the meantime, any tricks out there to make my flowers and bushes unsavoury.
      Thank you in advance,
      Lynn