Trout Fishing

My trout river has been flooded for months, this week it's a hundred yards wide across the fields. We've done no work parties so far due to the high levels. Just hope there are a few trout left and not all washed down into the Thames, when the season starts on April 1st.

Most of Ireland the trout season opens 1st of March but some start on the 15th so you'll have to check locally.

If these storms continue most rivers will remain unfishable .

I seen a heron catch a trout the other day in a foot of water in a field. I've also seen a couple of dead otters on roads which means they're travelling around looking for sanctuary too.

Most of Ireland the trout season opens 1st of March but some start on the 15th so you'll have to check locally.

I seen a heron catch a trout the other day in a foot of water in a field. I've also seen a couple of dead otters on roads which means they're travelling around looking for sanctuary too.

noticed a few otters on the roads myself neil

noticed a few otters on the roads myself neil

Yes, in hard times they're not the fish only predators that folk think they are.

I lost a chicken last week and I'm blaming an otter. As we speak there's a dead otter about a mile away and if an otter's going to be killed on the road I hope it's the culprit.

I tried rearing 26 ducks on a pond a few years ago. All was going well until the local trout stream flooded. An otter took all 26 in a couple of weeks.

Cute, cuddly animals my arse, LOL.

These floods are hard too on the heron and God love one of my favourites, the Kingfisher. They must really be suffering.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...