Teckel Video

Funny how theres a few on here decrying the vid that liked call out dogs the other week lol.Another novelty earth dog breed thats better off trailing deer .Might want to split this forum into solid type earth dogs and five minute wonder dogs some of you seem to keep .

Funny how theres a few on here decrying the vid that liked call out dogs the other week lol.Another novelty earth dog breed thats better off trailing deer .Might want to split this forum into solid type earth dogs and five minute wonder dogs some of you seem to keep .

FD,I was one of those that defended call out dogs in that thread you're on about and I would never give those sh*te bred terriers house room, waste of good food in my opinion and so were the so called hunters, not a good advert for hunting of any sort,I've ended up fighting with d*ckheads like them on a dig or hunt before now, can't abide sh*thouses scared of putting their hands on quarry,1 quick shot to the head and its all over anyway,there is no room or need for cruelty in hunting either here or in Europe,those were extremely poor excuses for working dogs and can't see what all the hype is with this breed, WM
  • Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A disgrace. Plain & simple.

put it on mute and skip a bit of it

Them dogs were shite and anyone that says different must have very low standards towards earth dogs,they were in and out of them earths like a fart in a strainer and f**k knows how many were to ground

Seems kind of crazy to me to base an opinion of the breed on a single video. I've never owned one. I know some folks who do. They use them in parts of the world for digging to badger.... The ones I know of stay and bay barking their heads off until they dig down to the dog. They then drop in one of their grittier terriers at the end. I have seen other guys using them on their own. Like Mosby said... there are some tough ones out there. I'm curious about them and would like to have one.... but my uses for it would be VERY limited so....guess I'll pass.

Why stick a grittier terrier in once you've finished the dig?? Is that because the "first" dog is barking its head off, 6ft away from its quarry?? Lol lol lol

Yes thats mostly been the case with tge teckels ive dug 2. 6 foot +. But each to their own..

Seems kind of crazy to me to base an opinion of the breed on a single video. I've never owned one. I know some folks who do. They use them in parts of the world for digging to badger.... The ones I know of stay and bay barking their heads off until they dig down to the dog. They then drop in one of their grittier terriers at the end. I have seen other guys using them on their own. Like Mosby said... there are some tough ones out there. I'm curious about them and would like to have one.... but my uses for it would be VERY limited so....guess I'll pass.

Why stick a grittier terrier in once you've finished the dig?? Is that because the "first" dog is barking its head off, 6ft away from its quarry?? Lol lol lol

Did you perhaps miss the part where I said.... THE ONES I KNOW OF STAY AND BAY BARKING THEIR HEADS OFF UNTIL THEY DIG DOWN TO THE DOG? :blink::D

Did you perhaps miss the part where I said.... THE ONES I KNOW OF STAY AND BAY BARKING THEIR HEADS OFF UNTIL THEY DIG DOWN TO THE DOG? :blink::D
How ironic !! I didn't mis read, I even put words to that effect in my post.. I was questioning why they put a gritter terrier in once the digs complete, or did you mis read that bit ?

But anyway, re reading it again, I'd say they'd be happier if the dug to the dog & it's quarry :-)

Edited by alimac

I think they are just happy with a successful dig. They drop in a grittier dog at the end because it works number one. Two they don't like digging to a dead dog if they can help it, and people in different parts of the world do what works for them. I saw some crazy video the other day where this tribe from who knows where was hunting pigs by hurling monkeys on their backs.... I thought to myself.... now there's some folks in DIRE need of a couple of good dogs.. but what do I know.lol

Edited by jawn

I think they are just happy with a successful dig. They drop in a grittier dog at the end because it works number one. Two they don't like digging to a dead dog if they can help it, and people in different parts of the world do what works for them. I saw some crazy video the other day where this tribe from who knows where was hunting pigs by hurling monkeys on their backs.... I thought to myself.... now there's some folks in DIRE need of a couple of good dogs.. but what do I know.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdwMc5RYErM

you're right :blink: