• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A disgrace. Plain & simple.

put it on mute and skip a bit of it

Them dogs were shite and anyone that says different must have very low standards towards earth dogs,they were in and out of them earths like a fart in a strainer and f**k knows how many were to ground

I have a Teckel and I like them its a good little honest dog,I brought it on to track deer but it will turn its hand to bushing ratting marking rabbits,and its only main fault is it wont cover ground as quick as the other dogs as in keep up,I have never put her to ground but I think she would go,I know the video showed a multitude of sin's and I didn't watch it all they way through, but the dogs,did work the fox, and to be fair they did the job,I know what good looks like is topical on here and always will be,as it should be, but the dogs are only as good as the guy who produces them,and to comment on the dog's we need to stay impartial to what ever else went on in the video,a lot of you boy's have a huge amount of experience with earth dog's and I wouldn't question that,I would however like to hear someone comment on the dogs and dogs alone,not the method used by the handler's

And to be fair they did the job,THEY been the key word and They made very hard work of it same as the diggers.

Thought it was disgraceful, them tools used were shocking, if ye not willing to use ye own tools (hands) then u shoud'nt be doing it, shit dogs and no respect!!

rabies?

Rabies???? when i got taught i watched and learned, all the terriermen i have had the pleasure of watching have always used their hands which if done properly is as safe as anything, i haven't been bitten yet, you may disagree but i got taught many years ago that if ye not willing to get ye hands dirty then you shouldn't be in the game, and as for the rabies surely the dogs would be the first sufferers of that???

Thought it was disgraceful, them tools used were shocking, if ye not willing to use ye own tools (hands) then u shoud'nt be doing it, shit dogs and no respect!!

rabies?

Rabies???? when i got taught i watched and learned, all the terriermen i have had the pleasure of watching have always used their hands which if done properly is as safe as anything, i haven't been bitten yet, you may disagree but i got taught many years ago that if ye not willing to get ye hands dirty then you shouldn't be in the game, and as for the rabies surely the dogs would be the first sufferers of that???

Hands ? The only thing that should go down the hole is the barrel of a gun !

rabies?

i dont know mate, was asking if that could be the reason, as we dont have that problem over here, handling them isnt a worry and is practised by everyone ive ever known. Which country is it then?

Echinococcus are parasits, one of these is more dangerous for humans : Echinococcus multilocularis. near 100% Fatal.

Then in some areas in Europe (east of France), authorities recommend not to touch the fox.

I don't know in Spain.

• Like 1

Seems kind of crazy to me to base an opinion of the breed on a single video. I've never owned one. I know some folks who do. They use them in parts of the world for digging to badger.... The ones I know of stay and bay barking their heads off until they dig down to the dog. They then drop in one of their grittier terriers at the end. I have seen other guys using them on their own. Like Mosby said... there are some tough ones out there. I'm curious about them and would like to have one.... but my uses for it would be VERY limited so....guess I'll pass.

• Like 1

Echinococcus are parasits, one of these is more dangerous for humans : Echinococcus multilocularis. near 100% Fatal.

Then in some areas in Europe (east of France), authorities recommend not to touch the fox.

I don't know in Spain.

thanks for the info, thought that would be the reason for tongs as they aint needed over here

I don't know in Spain.

thanks for the info, thought that would be the reason for tongs as they aint needed over here

thing is thats probably the way they do it over there. terrier work here in generale is a lot more professional and humane. different country, differant ethics.

them dogs were still sh$t though which ever way you look at it.

• Like 1

its horses for courses, they arent bred to be an all out earth dog, they did go to ground and work, badly i have to say they but did the job at the same time, a terrier bred to work below will obviously make these teckles look inferior at ground work, be pretty poor terriers if they didnt! but they are decent to hunt up cover and track deer, and give tongue from what ive been told of them and are a bit of a jack of all trades and master of none! one mans rubbish is another mans treasure!! if they wernt some use im sure the breed would be long dead.

Edited by fox digger
  • Like 2

Seems kind of crazy to me to base an opinion of the breed on a single video. I've never owned one. I know some folks who do. They use them in parts of the world for digging to badger.... The ones I know of stay and bay barking their heads off until they dig down to the dog. They then drop in one of their grittier terriers at the end. I have seen other guys using them on their own. Like Mosby said... there are some tough ones out there. I'm curious about them and would like to have one.... but my uses for it would be VERY limited so....guess I'll pass.

Why stick a grittier terrier in once you've finished the dig?? Is that because the "first" dog is barking its head off, 6ft away from its quarry?? Lol lol lol

I'm not a digging man but I thought those dogs were shit.

My daughters yorkie could do what they did, if they were my dogs I would be ashamed of them and myself for working them.

They would of got smashed if that foxes bottom half wasn't blown away.

Respect the game you hunt and despatch as soon as possable

you shouldnt need another dog at the end of a dig, thats just causing unnecessary punishment to the dog and the quarry

• Like 1