Av got one a use it for ferreting and mooching with the dogs it's brilliant and goes anywhere with a set of half decent tyres on took the back seats out and put a aluminium boot liner in.

I know nothing about cars, thinking of acquiring a Jimnay, is there anyway of putting the back seats flat and putting an aluminium cover over, as I would like to keep the back seats in, just looking to take a dog carrier and room for ferreting equipment.

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All right everyone.   Just want your views on the suzuki jimny as a lamping wagon, have heard good things about them but not as lamping wagons do any of you lads use them. If so do you use the hard

Av got one a use it for ferreting and mooching with the dogs it's brilliant and goes anywhere with a set of half decent tyres on took the back seats out and put a aluminium boot liner in.

i've had a 1999 jimny for 2 years and i love it. gets anywhere that landrovers do and places they can't as its narrower. with the back seats folded and a board made up to account for the difference

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

If its a newer one, the back seats will fold completely flat, if its an older model, you'll need a socket set and a bit of faffing but you can get them out in about 15 minutes. I ripped mine out and ply lined it.

You will at least need a board in the back with spacers underneath as onece the seats are out the back has an uneven floor pan.

HTH

Cheers, D.

post-10409-0-58131200-1408790571_thumb.jpg

I know nothing about cars, thinking of acquiring a Jimnay, is there anyway of putting the back seats flat and putting an aluminium cover over, as I would like to keep the back seats in, just looking to take a dog carrier and room for ferreting equipment.

the back seats will lay almost flat if you remove the headrests, but not completely flat, not in mine anyway. i keep meaning to make a plywood tray to do as you do without having to remove the seats. but yes they will lay, almost flat.

the back seats will lay almost flat if you remove the headrests, but not completely flat, not in mine anyway. i keep meaning to make a plywood tray to do as you do without having to remove the seats. but yes they will lay, almost flat.

The newer ones will lay completely flat, you've got to move something though underneath. A fellow I know has done it, he got the info off You Tube I think. :icon_eek:

Did you see the football results yesterday mate? :whistling::laugh:

Cheers, D.

i've had a 1999 jimny for 2 years and i love it. gets anywhere that landrovers do and places they can't as its narrower. with the back seats folded and a board made up to account for the difference in height theres room enough for anything. for the money there's nothing to touch them.

007_zpsf4c85e01.jpg

• Like 2

its an easy job to cure the difference in level when the rear seats are folded down. 1/2" ply 900mmx300mm spaced up on suitable sized timber bearers. i think mine are 3x2's. it can even stay in when the seats are up and being used. a 10 minute / few quid fix.

The newer ones will lay completely flat, you've got to move something though underneath. A fellow I know has done it, he got the info off You Tube I think. :icon_eek:

Cheers, D.

i dont bother looking at the lower leagues mate, suprised you werent too busy buggering those horses :thumbs:

Cheers, D.

i dont bother looking at the lower leagues mate, suprised you werent too busy buggering those horses :thumbs:

Touche! What horses?

Cheers, D.