All right everyone.

Just want your views on the suzuki jimny as a lamping wagon, have heard good things about them but not as lamping wagons do any of you lads use them. If so do you use the hardtop or soft top on your lamping escapes? Reason I ask is I am looking for a good lamping wagon.

I know the defender is the best choice but too expensive.

• Like 2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All right everyone.   Just want your views on the suzuki jimny as a lamping wagon, have heard good things about them but not as lamping wagons do any of you lads use them. If so do you use the hard

Av got one a use it for ferreting and mooching with the dogs it's brilliant and goes anywhere with a set of half decent tyres on took the back seats out and put a aluminium boot liner in.

i've had a 1999 jimny for 2 years and i love it. gets anywhere that landrovers do and places they can't as its narrower. with the back seats folded and a board made up to account for the difference

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 03 plate jimny was not bad once I'd lifted it and got mud tyres fitted

Used to go lamping most nights in it as a everyday car not great bit small and not great on fuel even tho only 1.3

Only reason I sold it is because our lass crashed in to a parked car in snow fcuk knows how bit she did then she didn't want to drive it anymore :( that and a new member in family needed something bigger but to be honest a great little jeep for short time we owned

I have one and it's completely standard but goes everywhere, personally the fuel is fine.

I've got a 12v fag lighter extension thing with 4ports which is handy to power two lightforces mobile charger and a rear white work light.

I drop the rear seats and have made a board for the rear like a shelf. it gives me a flat surface that I put my shooting kit on plus a big plastic box/ meat tray for my quarry.

My lamp man drives and lamps, I sit in the passenger seat and shoot from there but also lamp so that we cover both sides of the vehicle, first and second gear on tick over gives a great crawl speed around the stubbles !

ATB

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing comes close for the cash .

£1000 reliable go anywhere jeep what more could u ask for its not a rangerover now but it doesn't claim to be one.

Get one and get to a scrap yard and get the biggeat sunroof u can find and stick it on it for lamping jobs a good one

• 2 months later...