Ferret Cage

Aren't insurance company's c**ts,,,,, here's a kid ,,first car,,, cheap car,,,300 or something ,,,, insurance cost you how much rew,,,, 1500 wasn't it,,,,

Some c**t doesn't put there handbrake on properly on a big 4x4,,, it rolls down a hill, and his car is written off,,, he's only had it 1 week,,,,,

Now he's got no car,,, and no money to buy one,,,,cos he's out of pocket,,, and it wasn't his fault,,,

• Like 1

Aren't insurance company's c**ts,,,,, here's a kid ,,first car,,, cheap car,,,300 or something ,,,, insurance cost you how much rew,,,, 1500 wasn't it,,,,

Some c**t doesn't put there handbrake on properly on a big 4x4,,, it rolls down a hill, and his car is written off,,, he's only had it 1 week,,,,,

Now he's got no car,,, and no money to buy one,,,,cos he's out of pocket,,, and it wasn't his fault,,,

Surley, he can claim of the other parties insurance, or is there more to the story? I thought excess was only if your making a claim on your own insurance when it is your fault? As the other driver is at fault he should not have to pay any excess? A car wrote one of mine off parked outside the house and I got the full value of the car.

Puzzled TC

Edited to add: That is if the other driver was insured? If not he can claim through the courts.

Edited by tiercel

yeah that's basically it, my excess was £395 which they took from the value of my old car which went to total loss. They have basically said they have to take the excess until the third party insurance company agree to pay the charges sometime in the future. This doesn't sound like im guaranteed to get this back either because after all that It left me £105 which my insurance have took straight away because I still owe £900 in direct debits.

It has screwed me up because I was hoping I would receive the £500 which was the value of the car and this would have helped me get back on the road instead of having to wait for another month for my next pay.

The car did only cost me £150 so its not all that bad.