stabba

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup should make a good busher

I'd opt for Staffordshire blood if I was to use a staff x spaniel due to size of the staff...couple staffs I've seen have had cracking noses and due to there smallish size have been able to get in tig

Posted Images

Kyboy it's the rougher types that would more likely get hurt, a good bull type would want to tangle with something. Get something that wants to hunt/flush rather than kill if your worried about dogs getting hurt.

My thoughts exactly mate, fox and coyote will run rather than fight, but a very game dog and hogs could be bad news imo, specially if you only have one dog?

This site might be worth a look, contact details of breeders, and info on the various hunting style of the dogs.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hunters/gamedog.htm

what I was worry about was around here the coyotes have been bad for going after littler dogs for food even coming in to peoples yards after them and what I was thinking with some that just want to push one out would be the coyote turning around and coming after them

what I was worry about was around here the coyotes have been bad for going after littler dogs for food even coming in to peoples yards after them and what I was thinking with some that just want to push one out would be the coyote turning around and coming after them

would a big tough hound not do the job better?

I wouldnt have much faith in a spaniel x staff being good at hunting or not being eaten,most staffs are shite.

Most staffs are pets, bring one up in the field it will bush!

had one years ago took me 50 mile of walking hedgerows for the week to get him going but once he new the score he was mad for it and would crash any cover to get on,but as willow said soon as he was up and running one day out he was sore as feck and had to be rested up,right mind set but lack of coat and his size failed him