stabba

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup should make a good busher

I'd opt for Staffordshire blood if I was to use a staff x spaniel due to size of the staff...couple staffs I've seen have had cracking noses and due to there smallish size have been able to get in tig

Posted Images

Not sure, but would imagine that a springer x staff would not be the most vocal of dogs? I know spaniels can be prone to a few yips when hot, but I've always found staffs pretty mute?

Not saying they would be, just a thought :thumbs:

Why risk introducing dog aggression into your little pack? Spanial & hound crosses would hunt just as we'll wouldn't they? And almost guaranteed to be sociable.

staffs are sociable as long as not brought up by hoody wearing chavy dick weeds lol
  • Like 2

I think Any of the bigger terriers crossed with a spaniel will hunt,to a degree.

But it would be handy to know the terrier be it staff or other will hunt up.maybe a Wheaton x spaniel would also be an option or working glen

• Like 1

Its getting the right staffie blood :thumbs: could think of better x's best dog I have seen was a lab x patterdale ;)

Is that dog in Liverpool mate, if so, it's a strange lookin critter and has one hell of a reputation, pity its a jaffa though...

Stabba, your logic is sound but I'd agree with Christine here, its that Staff blood that would really count. I'd bet over the water there would be dogs to suit.

I recon there may be a few breeds (if the right ones could be found!) that, if crossed, would go into a decent enough busher. Here's two, the Clumber spaniel and the Bassett Hound....?

The only two no no's for me would be going to ground and working to far away, after that a good nose, drive and an aversion to spiky stuff and the jobs a good 'un. :thumbs:

am sure hooch as got staff in it as we'll kid of the farm bred it

I think Any of the bigger terriers crossed with a spaniel will hunt,to a degree.

But it would be handy to know the terrier be it staff or other will hunt up.maybe a Wheaton x spaniel would also be an option or working glen

Dont think wheaten cross would be practical as the ones I have seen want to kill everything and would be near impossible to get a service from a decent one and no such thing as a working glen, why do people not stick to what works

Same could be said about the "other" type of bull I suppose

My lurcher is that mix and she hasn't

A nasty bone in her same goes with Wheaton lurchers,I'd be confident the spaniel love anything temperament would subdue that enough

• Like 1

And regarding working Glen I mean ones that will Bush,no need for an all out digging dog imho,MOST staffs aren't true working dogs any longer, ok a few take there's bushing but they aren't what they were meant for

On the other hand glens wheatons and most British working terriers are keen enough to hunt up.

I suppose there's no need to cross a spaniel really if you just need a bushing dogs

Edited by roybo
  • Like 2