Springer X Staffie

stabba

Was just wondering about this x tbh. I'd have thought the bushing qualities from the spaniel and the tenacity to meet with quarry from the staffie. Plus the added bonus of not dropping to ground at every oppertunity. I know it sounds a monstrosity of a x but i reckon i'd give one a go. Anyone ever experienced a x like this???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup should make a good busher

I'd opt for Staffordshire blood if I was to use a staff x spaniel due to size of the staff...couple staffs I've seen have had cracking noses and due to there smallish size have been able to get in tig

Posted Images

Its getting the right staffie blood :thumbs: could think of better x's best dog I have seen was a lab x patterdale ;)

Is that dog in Liverpool mate, if so, it's a strange lookin critter and has one hell of a reputation, pity its a jaffa though...

Stabba, your logic is sound but I'd agree with Christine here, its that Staff blood that would really count. I'd bet over the water there would be dogs to suit.

I recon there may be a few breeds (if the right ones could be found!) that, if crossed, would go into a decent enough busher. Here's two, the Clumber spaniel and the Bassett Hound....?

The only two no no's for me would be going to ground and working to far away, after that a good nose, drive and an aversion to spiky stuff and the jobs a good 'un. :thumbs:

Think there's a couple of people who still use staffs think a couple members on here use staffs it's just not talked about on here.....that's the type of staff blood I'd use but then again I'd go for a spaniel x pat or spaniel x russle but if a litter of staff x spaniels came up id give one a try......I've been round bulls since I was knee high to a grass hopper and love there personalitys and temperaments (when bought up right) so I'd give one a home as a busher ....

• Like 1

Its getting the right staffie blood :thumbs: could think of better x's best dog I have seen was a lab x patterdale ;)

Is that dog in Liverpool mate, if so, it's a strange lookin critter and has one hell of a reputation, pity its a jaffa though...

Stabba, your logic is sound but I'd agree with Christine here, its that Staff blood that would really count. I'd bet over the water there would be dogs to suit.

I recon there may be a few breeds (if the right ones could be found!) that, if crossed, would go into a decent enough busher. Here's two, the Clumber spaniel and the Bassett Hound....?

The only two no no's for me would be going to ground and working to far away, after that a good nose, drive and an aversion to spiky stuff and the jobs a good 'un. :thumbs:

What do you mean by a Jaffa

Yes mate hootch :thumbs: good alround dog that

• Like 1

What do you mean by a Jaffa

Jaffa = seedless :thumbs:

• 1 month later...