aye up guys

at the moment I have a hawke hd 4-12x50 ao ir on my .22lr , I was going to put this scope on a 12ftlb pcp air rifle ( once I have decided which one to go for ) so looking for a new scope for my rimmie I like the look of the mtc scopes just wondered what magnification would be best either the 4-16x50 mamba or the viper 6-24x56 or would this be a bit over kill with the hawke I usually have set at x10 mag so me thinking the mamba would be ok and are these ok to use with night vision ad on's , what do you guys think

thanks shergar

Do you need adjustable magnification mate?

I have a mtc genesis on my hmr but wish i had gone down a fixed mag route. At the distances you would shoot a 22 rimfire, you could get a better quality fixed mag scope compared to a variable mag scope.

As for quality of MTC scopes, I have a MTC viper connect on my PCP and a genesis on my HMR and find both very clear and good for lamping.

would prefer adjustable mag but fixed mag would be ok , I have no complaints with the hawke scopes just fancy something better to go on my rimmie and use the hawke scopes on my air rifle , whats the best magnification to use on a .22lr

cheers shergar

Fac air rifles are a pain in the arse without a regulator.

Ur point of impact will move 3 time from full psi to mid psi to low and [BANNED TEXT] its at the low end of the psi scale your shoots will drop off very fast.

If its a 200bar refill u will prob find your most accurate range of psi will be from 170psi down to maybe 100bar and if say 30ftlb model with a small air cylinder you will omly get around 25 real accurate shots.

So best advice I would give would be if getting a fac get one with at least ba 400/500cc cylinder and fitted with a regulator. Weihrauch Hw100 theoben mfr new bsa r10etc.

As if its just a 12ftlb model any pcp rifle will give u a far amount of accurate shoots