Oil Fired Heating

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f**k I use about £50 worth of coal a week im right at the bottom of a hill and the wind just draws my fire like feck probably be cheaper for me to just use oil but you can't beat an open fire lol

http://www.bangorfuels.com/ Check yourself                 O yea your a welsh fuctard mal

Just short of £300 for my 500litres last delivery. To be paid up front too. I did get a leaflet dropped through the door a few weeks back with a new company that has started up, maybe I should start

Any of you run yer motor on the domestic heating oil ??

fekin sure I would be !

Best thing I ever done was get the wood boiler in,, f****n gas boilers OFF button is about worn oot.

Was it you that had your woodburner plumbed in to your heating system?

I was trying to remember the thread..

That's in the future for me. Going to get it plumbed into the radiators as well and save oil. Would be silly not too since I stay pretty much in the middle of a wood....lol

That's in the future for me. Going to get it plumbed into the radiators as well and save oil. Would be silly not too since I stay pretty much in the middle of a wood....lol

You still not cut that apple tree back yet then? :tongue2:

fekin sure I would be !

Best thing I ever done was get the wood boiler in,, f****n gas boilers OFF button is about worn oot.

heating oil as no lubrication properties in it , so it fucks up your injector pumps... id be running it with a mix of used hydraulic oil :laugh:

• Like 1

Our wood burner heats the whole house and the hot water. Gas boiler comes on in the morning before we get up, but that's it!

Stove eats about 3 barrow fulls a day from morning to night when running all day.

Unfortunately, it's f**ked, and beyond repair, which I was having a good look at.

£2,500 Odd for replacement, but last 'load' of sticks (25T) will have saved us over £3k on gas by the time it's finished... That'll have been 3 winters.

Edited by 04fox8

You still not cut that apple tree back yet then? :tongue2:

Nope....lol

fekin sure I would be !

Was it you that had your woodburner plumbed in to your heating system?

I was trying to remember the thread..

Yeh bud that was me

Basically, a thermal store in the loft, fed by a woodburning stove with a back boiler in the living room.

Also has internals heating coiles from the gas boiler and a thermal solar panel on the roof.

The water in the tank does the radiators, and the cold water is fed in at the top, through a coil and comes out as instant hot water, regulated.

It works well but can eat logs, which I don`t mind,(I have a chainsaw and I`m not afrid to use it)

It`s gravity fed, so if the water gets too hot before I light the stove,, it can boil the water in the jacket and f*****g shoot it up the pipes rattling the whole f*****g house !! frightened the shit outa me first time it did it. It`s an open vented system though so it can`t build up massive pressure.

It's just normal engin oil you mix.............so I'm told....

But my mate fecked his 4 track up doing it,,, so I don't think it's worth it

you can use any oil tbh tomo but hydraulic oil ignites sooner than engine oil and doesnt cause as much smoke ...

still if you get caught running on heating oil , your looking at a big fine

It's just normal engin oil you mix.............so I'm told....

But my mate fecked his 4 track up doing it,,, so I don't think it's worth it

you can use any oil tbh tomo but hydraulic oil ignites sooner than engine oil and doesnt cause as much smoke ...

still if you get caught running on heating oil , your looking at a big fine

Don`t think that would worry me,,, fuckem I say.