Tx200 (Now Project Hc)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse) If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her

Many thanks moxy I'm really enjoying this project will be starting with the stock in next few days.

Fantastic looking restoration job sir. Seeing these guns getting such great work done to them is getting me right in the mood for another resto job. Well done   Chris.

The Titan no 9 is for the mk1/2 tx200 the Titan no 10 is the correct spring for the mk3 tx the gun will be way over powered with no 9

titan no 9 part no TS009 outside diameter 21mm inner diameter 14.75mm wire thickness 3.3mm number of coils 27 spring length 280mm

titan n0 10 part no TS010 outside diameter 21mm inner diameter 14.8mm wire thickness 3.1mm number of coils 27 spring length 230mm

Crap best cut some more off then

hi Matty

you seem to be doing okay buddy take a look here for tips on removing spring coils

i have a MKIII TX and my spring has 27 coils,i find it runs smooth at that length,good luck with the fettling :thumbs:

these types of posts i like to read,as its always good to see how others fettle :thumbs:

fair play to slave,giving you very good advice to :thumbs:

• Like 1

hi Matty

you seem to be doing okay buddy take a look here for tips on removing spring coils

i have a MKIII TX and my spring has 27 coils,i find it runs smooth at that length,good luck with the fettling :thumbs:

these types of posts i like to read,as its always good to s

ee how others fettle :thumbs:

fair play to slave,giving you very good advice to :thumbs:

Thanks bud !!

Yea I watched the vid last night a great guide and worked a treat thanks! did it before work this morning and got it almost as flat and smooth as the manufactured end so happy chappy! With help from my brother (tomburras on forum) we got it firing at 10.51 and pretty consistant too so added top hat again that took it back up to 14.56 so stripped down and had to head out to work gutted! I'm not happy with the twang the top hat gives so thing next plan is to remove and have 1 washer at top to aid spring twist inside piston and pre load from bottom spring guide see how that feels . With top hat removed and firing at 15+ a pellet didn't move when sat on scope so internals must be running nice and smooth if can keep it like that will be spot on will get more pics uoaded after work tomorrow still pondering so any input/advice will be greatly appreciated carnt belive how satisfying doing work on own gun is sometimes just going for it well worth it but its always in back of my mind how can improve on it lol

Cheers all for replys .........

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 1

With all your effort of polishing and tlc it shoots lovely now! It just goes to show that the most important thing to buy before buying any springs ect is a chrony! Matt has this shooting so nice now with all his work and legal now but it was a shock to see how easy it was to be over the limit! Well done matt it is a lovely gun now and no doubt you will continue bagging the bunnys as well as you did with your pcp!

Bit of a update not had much time last few days so got cracking this afti stripped down and I've removed the top hat and put 3 preload washers at the top and 1 at the bottom was aiming for 11 ft lbs and. ........IMG-20140202-WA0002.jpg

UNBELIEVABLE! !!!!!!

was slightly below then stripped and regreased up thinking that will do and that was 1st reading when put back together was well chuffed its staying betweem 10.9 and 11.05 now so not bad Happy with tthat few pics ofvwhat done today ...

I'm still pondering about the set up maybe to use top hat but cut it down slightly anyone done this before ??? Just to lighten it abit and bring power down with it fitted.

My next problem is some complete and utter divvy has replaced the underleaver holder block (no idea what its called) with a wrong length wrong thread cheap stainless bolt and completly shagged the threads in barrel then glued it in wtf! I imagine to sabe about 2 pounds of cost of actual bolt for the job frrom chambers now the problem is if I order bolt its not going to work anymore as all cross threaded so any ideas anyone on a way to securly fix this couple of pics of problem area ....

20140202_155329.jpg

20140202_155335.jpg

Cheers

Just redrill it using a 5.4mm bit (pretty sure that's the size drill bit for 6m tap) so can retap it using an 6m tap set finishing off using a no.3 bit meaning you can put the threads to the bottom of the hole without drilling right through. Easy enough to do just don't snap the tap. If you get stuck with the taps and sizes give me a shout il see what iv got at work spare but there not expensive

• Like 1