Tx200 (Now Project Hc)

After picking up a tx200 at a bargin price off a fellow member other day I set to work getting it up to scratch on my day off today.

Cocking was gritty and harsh after a strip down quickly found the cocking shoe was clean snapped in half.and all internals covered in metal filings/shards (see pics)

A trip to aaron wheelers this morning picked up a new shoe and thaught while its in bits will give a good clean polish and re lube .

Inside was a sorry state very dirty grease and gritty as hell I cleaned spring took piston from compression chamber and degresed with scotch pad then polished up with lig oil came up really nice. removed the piston delrin rings cleaned and re lubed underneath and refit lubing as I went using abbey lt2 grease on everything then cleaned all the bore of compression chamber it has some light swirling on but nothing too bad (well as far as I'm aware no expert at all) the bottom spring guide has some deep scoring on so will eventually be replaced . I used some fine wet and dry to clean up the top and bottom of spring so smoother twisting on cocking there was 2 washers below the top hat it was chronod at 9.5 when bought so tried adding another 2 washers but later had to remove 1 as wouldn't cock properly with 4 in!

Managed to get everything cleaned greased up and back toghether today so had it chronod again now 8.6 !!!

Put around 50 pellets through it before taking for chrono was pretty accurate at 25 yd with odd drop in consistancy

But cocking nice and smooth now

Also cleaned all trigger mech up as was full of metal filings ?? seems really bizar thaught a good clean / re lube extra washer would improve not reduce power has anyone had simular problem or any advice??? Bit stumped!!

Think maybe a new spring in order any recommendations of any that worked well in your tx ? Only looking for 11ft lbs really .

Few pics of what I done today will follow...

Thanks . Matt

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONE HAPPY CHAPPY :) :) :) Think a celebration bevi in order tonight (any excuse) If anyone got any other little mods/improvments I've missed pleaee let me know as I'd love a excuse to strip her

Many thanks moxy I'm really enjoying this project will be starting with the stock in next few days.

Fantastic looking restoration job sir. Seeing these guns getting such great work done to them is getting me right in the mood for another resto job. Well done   Chris.

The groups it was getting after clean up ...

20140128_135651.jpg

There is around 10 pellets in each group as can see was improving but odd few completely out of the groups guessing was dropping in consistancy started in middle then bottom then top groups were much beter

Edited by mattybugeye

The spring has been replaced with a sqare section spring these are not ideal how much preload did the spring have? as it may be to short best to get a replacment.

The metal filings could be from the washers the preload washers air arms use are hardened steel lesser quality washers can be chewed up leaving metal filings.

Check the condition of the piston seal put the piston in the comp tube put your finger over the transfer port push down on the piston.

Check the condition of the breech seals in the comp tube.

Also check the lockup of the comp tube make sure there is no play when the gun is cocked as sometimes the cocking shoes can be under sized.

Edited by slave
  • Like 1

There was 2 thin washers in to start with I added another today about as thick as them two that was in. I forgot to add I checked the piston seal had loads of pressure with finger over end and stopped me from pushing any further at all.

The breech seal looked fine too? The shoe seemed a lot more snug than the 1 I removed and carnt feel any play when cocked

Edited by mattybugeye

the spring may be to powerful as well as being square wire that may cause friction .try the gun with no washers or no top hat see what happens .I have had power drop because of to much spring . ...but the spring does look like some coils may have been removed .

Edited by barrywhite

Bit of a update I've been and bought a new titan spring today after work and started getting it fit ...

20140130_134729.jpg

20140130_135311.jpg

20140130_153040.jpg

20140130_153103.jpg

Sanded the deep scores from spring guide and removed top hat and pre load washers its still far too long to put back in any ideas how much to trim off or should I just cut maybe 2 coils at a time untill it will cock and cut as needed after a chrono never trimmed a spring before don't know why they not pre set per gun really. Its a titan xs no.9 as that's whay gunsmith reccomended. Cheers

Cut couple of coils as had no choice really..20140130_161500.jpg

20140130_161511.jpg

20140130_161454.jpg

Managed to get it back together not and its hard to cock put 1 shot through it and sounded like a centre fire rifle !!!! Kicks like mule so guessing going to need at least same again taking off will trim up and take for chrono tomorrow before work then bend coil end down to seat nicely :( bet bloody power up now though lol its stripped down just to be safe as not having it off ticket fac!!!!

sounds like your on a right mission getting this right! good luck with it mate

when I was fettling my hw97 few weeks back I had to strip it quite a few times to get the power right ! its pretty steady now nicely below the limit. and It shoots pretty nice, just had it out and bagged a few birds. :thumbs:

Yea bloody things on my mind day and night lol our lass and kids sick of seeing and hearing about it don't want to cut more from spring untill chrono as pissing money away if do but it was ridiculous loud and pretty sure still over sure once its right will be spot on but all this was unexpected as was ment to be v mach tuned firing at 11.1 when bought lol but sometimes when its cheap its cjeap for a reason will get there oh and to add insult to injury the barrel end that holds underleaver in place fell off tonight looks like was glued in with wrong bolt and is threded so getting replacement bolt should ne fun after tapping out!!! Happy days

Good news with your 97 tho bud

The Titan no 9 is for the mk1/2 tx200 the Titan no 10 is the correct spring for the mk3 tx the gun will be way over powered with no 9

titan no 9 part no TS009 outside diameter 21mm inner diameter 14.75mm wire thickness 3.3mm number of coils 27 spring length 280mm

titan n0 10 part no TS010 outside diameter 21mm inner diameter 14.8mm wire thickness 3.1mm number of coils 27 spring length 230mm

• Like 1

sounds like your on a right mission getting this right! good luck with it mate

when I was fettling my hw97 few weeks back I had to strip it quite a few times to get the power right ! its pretty steady now nicely below the limit. and It shoots pretty nice, just had it out and bagged a few birds. :thumbs:

Yea bloody things on my mind day and night lol our lass and kids sick of seeing and hearing about it don't want to cut more from spring untill chrono as pissing money away if do but it was ridiculous loud and pretty sure still over sure once its right will be spot on but all this was unexpected as was ment to be v mach tuned firing at 11.1 when bought lol but sometimes when its cheap its cjeap for a reason will get there oh and to add insult to injury the barrel end that holds underleaver in place fell off tonight looks like was glued in with wrong bolt and is threded so getting replacement bolt should ne fun after tapping out!!! Happy days

Good news with your 97 tho bud

cheers mate, shes better than she was before I started so jobs a good one. not as good as a pro tuned rifle, but im not a pro lol.

it will do for me anyway