First Lamping Film By Me, Great Runs Throughout

Anyway guys, we'll just have to see how things develop. The bitch is doing well and im sure she will continue to catch rabbits even if she yaps. That's the aim of game after all. It would be great if she didn't but it's never made a difference between the dogs I have saw.

Of course it makes a difference a silent dog will take more rabbits off a field than a yapper .........

• Like 3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nice little vid but recipe for a yapper far to young to put on hard to catch bunnies -you got to make it easier for her mate -good luck [nice bitch ]

Yep I didn't watch the whole vid I didn't need to ... You can clearly see that the dog is not physically or mentally ready for catching fit winter bunnies ... Her running style is still very puppyish

Go for a sprint and try shouting at the same time .... You will soon find out ........

If its a repetitive yap yap yap like a terrier then that that's quite possible but if its the odd one here and there then maybe it wont. A rabbit squealing will do just that anyway. We get 2 - 3 rabbits per field on a good night.

Mate you dont want a yapper full stop

WHY. it dont effect working ability, and as long as the dog is catching plenty wheres the problem. i would rather have one that catches plenty and yapps a little every now and again than a fecker thats dont make a sound and catches next to feck all.

• Like 1

WHY. it dont effect working ability, and as long as the dog is catching plenty wheres the problem. i would rather have one that catches plenty and yapps a little every now and again than a fecker thats dont make a sound and catches next to feck all.

Of course it effects their working ability ... A dog yapping is using up energy and tiring itself out quicker .........

• Like 2

Of course it effects their working ability ... A dog yapping is using up energy and tiring itself out quicker .........

how much?

• 3 weeks later...

you ever saw a heavy weight lifter in the gym or on tv scream and shout as he lifts a heavy weight. If it was proven that you use more energy shouting (yapping) then im sure professional weight lifters wouldn't do it. imo

Please tell me your not using that analogy as your argument ? ... Have a little think about it mate ..........

I used to run 90 mins during a football game shouting for the ball all match, I was fit and It didn't affect me. I don't know if this is true but apparently Merlin and Eve were yappers. Now I apologise if I am wrong but if It has any truth then these dogs wouldn't have been bred from if it affected them catching.

not saw the videos but heard plenty so called experts, who havent been in the game that long, i start mines out with ferrets at 5 month watching learning by 8 months they are switched on ,then they get a bit more training fetching heel jump not had a yipper ,usaly all under control with mother of pups,mines are 8 months and can catch a rabbit, and probaly put a good show on most things, if needed to ,but better let them develop, and get manners and obeidence drummed in , but come late summer theyll be ready for the game beacause of the early controled entering ,mouthin lots of netted rabbs and bolters and being out at nite with the older dogs ,learning there trade, if you no dogs and there breeding and ability youl no whats best for you ,