Looking For Someone To Take Me Under Their Wing!!!!

I'm a wee bit confused mate, and this isn't a dig.

From what I have read on here, you have some very well trained dogs.

I would have thought that with a brace and a half of well trained spaniels, you would be welcome on most shoots, beating and picking up, and more I'm sure, if you were a tidy lad.

In that environment, you are likely to meet folk who notice your dogs, your demeanour etc and you will most likely get some invites out shooting, working your dogs etc.

What I'm trying to say, is if you have as handy dogs as you say, then it's them that will open the doors you want opened.

If it's trialling your heart is set upon, that's a slightly different manner. When I was a kid, my old man lived and breathed trials and training dogs for that task . . . . it's a different world . . .

Thanks for the advice, I'm a tidy lad :)

Well I was wanting advice about how to get in contact with people at shoots to see if they need my help, it seems going to shooting clubs and clay grounds that's how you meet people, they is a clay ground about 10miles from me. So I will go there and have a few clays, while having a chat :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish you all the luck in the world bud , go picking up with you gundogs far more satisfying and rewarding to both you and your dogs and you will meet and make many friends , unlike the. Clicky prente

you like that term "take me under your wing" lol   hope you get something sorted mate

I'm a wee bit confused mate, and this isn't a dig.   From what I have read on here, you have some very well trained dogs.   I would have thought that with a brace and a half of well trained spanie

I'm a wee bit confused mate, and this isn't a dig.

From what I have read on here, you have some very well trained dogs.

I would have thought that with a brace and a half of well trained spaniels, you would be welcome on most shoots, beating and picking up, and more I'm sure, if you were a tidy lad.

In that environment, you are likely to meet folk who notice your dogs, your demeanour etc and you will most likely get some invites out shooting, working your dogs etc.

What I'm trying to say, is if you have as handy dogs as you say, then it's them that will open the doors you want opened.

If it's trialling your heart is set upon, that's a slightly different manner. When I was a kid, my old man lived and breathed trials and training dogs for that task . . . . it's a different world . . .

Thanks for the advice, I'm a tidy lad :)

Well I was wanting advice about how to get in contact with people at shoots to see if they need my help, it seems going to shooting clubs and clay grounds that's how you meet people, they is a clay ground about 10miles from me. So I will go there and have a few clays, while having a chat :)

Not sure about clay grounds or shooting clubs I tried that, the rifle club was the dullest thing on earth only one of them shot live quarry and the clay ground is infested with 'all the gear' types changing chokes every five seconds and showing off their guns that have never seen a dirty field ever :laugh:

How about gundog clubs, or just looking for beating and don't take the dogs at first. If you want to get shooting you can either spend stupid money on big bird days or try to get in to a syndicate I'll bet theres a few out your way.

Bit late now but I'd of looked for a bit of beating mate. f***ing hell, thinking about it you could have done a bit for us this season if you didn't mind travelling down the A1! We have been after somebody else with a spaniel or two. Not sure it would have been exactly what you were looking for but would have been work at least.

Drinking in the right pubs opens a lot of doors. And the right pubs often allow dogs in............ well behaved and bussiness like dogs and the attention will soon find you without having to look for it.

Bit late now but I'd of looked for a bit of beating mate. f*****g hell, thinking about it you could have done a bit for us this season if you didn't mind travelling down the A1! We have been after somebody else with a spaniel or two. Not sure it would have been exactly what you were looking for but would have been work at least.

Drinking in the right pubs opens a lot of doors. And the right pubs often allow dogs in............ well behaved and bussiness like dogs and the attention will soon find you without having to look for it.

Would you consider me for next season please??

I how far down the A1 are you :)

Regards

Andrew

Wish you all the luck in the world bud , go picking up with you gundogs far more satisfying and rewarding to both you and your dogs and you will meet and make many friends , unlike the. Clicky prentensious World of field trailing were people love to watch people fail only my humble opinion

sorry matey, completely missed your post. Thanks for the kind words!!! :)

Wish you all the luck in the world bud , go picking up with you gundogs far more satisfying and rewarding to both you and your dogs and you will meet and make many friends , unlike the. Clicky prentensious World of field trailing were people love to watch people fail only my humble opinion

sorry matey, completely missed your post. Thanks for the kind words!!! :)
. Listen. Join a local gun dog club just for the experience there are some very genuine people. But to trial you will find many obsticals will be put in your way. All though you think your gun dogs are up to standed. Ask to go on there training days you will then see the huge difference , your own style of handerlng May need tweeking , Picking up on a shoot and trailing is like F1. And. Go karting Most field trailing people are members of multiple clubs you will get to under stand how hard it is to get a run , and may be its best to find out for you self. GOOD LUCK. Oh and stay away from gun dog scurries at game fairs lol Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 1

Bit late now but I'd of looked for a bit of beating mate. f*****g hell, thinking about it you could have done a bit for us this season if you didn't mind travelling down the A1! We have been after somebody else with a spaniel or two. Not sure it would have been exactly what you were looking for but would have been work at least.

Regards

Andrew

Just past Newark mate, yeah no probs. Like I said, not sure it's what you're after exactly, the standard of dog work on our shoot leaves something to be desired! LOL. But the crack is good and you can work your dogs so up to you mate.

If you're interested, PM me.

Ben. :thumbs:

Regards

Andrew

Just past Newark mate, yeah no probs. Like I said, not sure it's what you're after exactly, the standard of dog work on our shoot leaves something to be desired! LOL. But the crack is good and you can work your dogs so up to you mate.

I can see a relationship blossoming here :D

Regards

Baw :laugh:

• Like 1

Regards

Andrew

I can see a relationship blossoming here :D

Regards

Baw :laugh:

;)