Looking For Someone To Take Me Under Their Wing!!!!

Hi there,

I have 2 cocker spaniels and a springer spaniel, all well bred and very well trained! I'm looking for someone to take me under there wing :) I would love for someone to teach me everything they know, I have been into gundogs now for 6 years, I'm 22, I have just sent off for my shotgun licence. But don't know much about shooting etc. like I say I would love for someone to take me under there wing and show me, my dream is to trial my springer! But want to have experience with other people and shoot with them! I really hope someone can help me!!!!!

Regards

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wish you all the luck in the world bud , go picking up with you gundogs far more satisfying and rewarding to both you and your dogs and you will meet and make many friends , unlike the. Clicky prente

you like that term "take me under your wing" lol   hope you get something sorted mate

I'm a wee bit confused mate, and this isn't a dig.   From what I have read on here, you have some very well trained dogs.   I would have thought that with a brace and a half of well trained spanie

Aren't you selling up?

No mate, decided not to. i just want someone to help me :).

It was getting me down that know one would help me but then thought of this forum!

Best bet is going down the local clay club. What made you change your mind on the Cockers?

Aren't you selling up?

No mate, decided not to. i just want someone to help me :).

It was getting me down that know one would help me but then thought of this forum!

Best bet is going down the local clay club. What made you change your mind on the Cockers?

Well I decided I wanted to make a real go of it and especially after keeping the Springer Spaniel I just want to try and get it to trialling standard so would really like someone to take me under their wing, I was never decided 100%, I just want to get into the sport even heavier! :)

Wish you all the luck in the world bud , go picking up with you gundogs far more satisfying and rewarding to both you and your dogs and you will meet and make many friends , unlike the. Clicky prentensious World of field trailing were people love to watch people fail only my humble opinion

• Like 4

I'm a wee bit confused mate, and this isn't a dig.

From what I have read on here, you have some very well trained dogs.

I would have thought that with a brace and a half of well trained spaniels, you would be welcome on most shoots, beating and picking up, and more I'm sure, if you were a tidy lad.

In that environment, you are likely to meet folk who notice your dogs, your demeanour etc and you will most likely get some invites out shooting, working your dogs etc.

What I'm trying to say, is if you have as handy dogs as you say, then it's them that will open the doors you want opened.

If it's trialling your heart is set upon, that's a slightly different manner. When I was a kid, my old man lived and breathed trials and training dogs for that task . . . . it's a different world . . .

• Like 2