Crazy Pup

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pup did the same at about 15 weeks old. After some really good advice I decided not to scruff the little c**t, Instead I put an empty bowl in front of him, then piece by piece put small meaty bits

Joe I hope you have the sense to realise which posts to take on board and which ones to discard........ A few informative posts but also some f***ing stupid ones.........

Joe... thats not good at all...   You should have been schooling her from the day you got her... giving her food... putting your hand in the bowl and any agression whatsoever... sorted it out there

that got to hurt that, just think if it bit a little kid, and most think its only bull types,rotties,gsds bite, ok these 3 breed the bite be worse , but lab and bitch just proves carnt trust any dog really :yes:

had the same problem with a bull x greyhound at 5 months old so i just grabbed and pinned it to the floor never had to do it again... you havnt got to thrash it with a rake or kick shit out of it like some others on here ..... just take the sound advice ....

The big difference between the lab in the clip and working dogs is that as much as he subdues the lab in that circumstance that charge is still there inside the dog waiting for another opportunity to vent itself ,

Whereas in working dogs any charge built up can be can be eased out through work , what I mean by a charge is imagine keeping a hugely driven running dog on a lead all it's life and never letting it do what nature has programmed it to do , gradually over time it become fixated on other dogs , cats , kids , food , any of these can trigger the much needed release of energy, and for that moment the dog feels free through the bite just the same freedom working dogs feel when they've coursed and caught a rabbit

It's the same charge that makes our working dogs social seals the fate of that sad looking lab , hunting is the key to making your dog social not dominance , pet owners can only rely on dominance because there is no other avenue akin to bonding thru the hunt, thats why there are so many mutts in shelter and the numbers are growing

I can't see why any man with his seasoned hunting companion would have to resort to that sort of bullshit behavior ,

• Like 3

That guy has let that dog get away with food agression since it was a pup and now years down the line its not just a 'nip'.... its a childs face that would be coming off.....

Food agression of any sort isnt tolerated.... its a dangerous thing for a dog to have...

That guy has let that dog get away with food agression since it was a pup and now years down the line its not just a 'nip'.... its a childs face that would be coming off.....

Food agression of any sort isnt tolerated.... its a dangerous thing for a dog to have...

Your right it is - but it can be sorted quite easily without having to lay a finger on a dog

Bullying a dog isn't the answer as alls you do is supress the problem not cure it, a dog does not understand what your doing by taking food away, giving it back - then taking it away again and neither does it understand what your trying to achieve by pinning As far as the dogs concerned you could be trying to kill it.What would you do if I gave you a thousend pound then went to take it away again or even grabbed you pinned you down to take it what would you be thinking, feeling?

• Like 2