Ultrafire

So after my op on new years day i have been forced to take a bit easy.

so only being back on my feet properly for about a week i have been out on my perms a couple of times during the day with not too much about was thinking maybe the rabbit population is getting a little low, So after saying to the wife tonight do you want to put a film on i was answered by no the voice is on and casualty

So gun in the car im out of there! perfect oppurtunity to test my new ultrafire torchs my kids got me for xmas

now ill have to be honest i havnt been lamping for over 10 years and back then the lamp looked like a sattelite dish with a motorbike battery attached to it so wasnt expecting much from these hand held torchs so attached the torch to scope(ultrafire cree xml-t6) grabbed an old cd from the car zeroed in from 30 yrds and im ready.

hopped into the field. Using the cree's lil brother the (wf-501b) scanned the field pleasantly surprised to see at least 15 rabbits sitting by the hedge. Unfortuantly the rain has turned the field into bog and i was about as quiet as something well that aint quiet lol and by the time i got about 50 yrds away they were gone.

anyway no bother thro the woods and popped out onto another field 2 rabbits sitting munching on some grass so i drop to prone and as i sight up it stood up allowing me to place my cross hairs of my new falcon prairies cs, slowly squeezing the trigger bam a rws hollow point in the 2.2 variety smashed thro his skull.

so i headed on the way back to car and seeing huge numbers of them but due to the field so waterlobbed couldnt get close enough so with one in the bag and realising theres gonna be a few good nights lamping ahead of me i was quite content. Then as i placed my gun on the back seat rolled a fag i thought id have a last scan in the field next to the car and to my surprise 4 rabbits sitting at about 60 yrds so i grabbed my rifle flicked the switch on the cree and spooked them as 3 scarted off one ran towards me stopping at about 25 yrds another well placed shot and he was down so i put the gun back in the car grabbed the torch ay no rabbit! look left nothing look right a pair of bright green eyes staring at me with my rabbit in his mouth oh well still happy and mr fox got a takeaway anyhow sorry for rambling

but these torches are absolutly mustard i must say both from ebay and both for under 20 quid complete with charger i also forgot to mention was out for over an hour and half and both torches not even a sign of dimming absolutly wonderful technology at an even better price.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ultraffire 501b is already loved by air gunners as standard, but paint your refractor black and add matts lens you will be amazed. While out lamping with severel mates of mine with a tracer lamp with

Anybody who takes a risk with cheap 18650 batteries are crazy...risking your torch been like a pipe bomb, especially if you run two batteries together. 18650 batteries need looking after.

So after my op on new years day i have been forced to take a bit easy. so only being back on my feet properly for about a week i have been out on my perms a couple of times during the day with not t

Posted Images

You can get the batteries from old power packs off of laptops, if you know a friendly IT tech, he will give you them for free as old laptops get busted up anyway....check with shops that fix it stuff too, good source. I got my ultrafire from Deal Xtreme and it came with 2 batteries and a charger. Ponced a few battery packs off one of the engineers, opened them up and cleaned up the batteries.....sorted....never run low now!

Hi Craig, just a little question? I've got an ultra fire XML T6 in 5 mode.off eBay I've ordered a few things a 501b in red led,2 spare ultra fire 18650 batteries and a remote pressure switch.at the moment only the pressure switch has arrived yesterday.Is the end cap on the 501a smaller diameter than the XML t6?because i tried the pressure switch on my XML and it didn't quite fit,didn't want to force it on.but on the item description on eBay it said it fitted 501b,501a & XML. Im hoping the torch will arrive shortly its on the slow boat from China. picking up the kit abit at time before i get my BSA lightning se grt.cheers Mike

my 501 b cap fits my xml but it is a little tighter i just rubbed a little oil i use for rubbing my gun down around the rim if ive done a little research on the ultrafire batteries and come to the conclusion im gonna invest in the panosonic ones i dont use my pressure switch either because theres four buttons embedded and was awkward holding it in while i aimed so gonna try and modify it with an on and off switch not one you hold down! hope it helps pal how are ya anyways have you been to ya rfd yet about ya lightning????

I didn't want to force it on Craig just in case i cross threaded it.yes im good thanks i have rang two of my local RFD making enquiries and im happy with the prices.i wont be buying it until about April time I've got a rugby tour mid March with one of my sons,so once that's out of way i can add to my secret stash without the other half knowing, you know the score.let me know how you modify your pressure switch,to be honest i didn't know you had to hold the switch in?

Yea got to agree ultrafires are unbelivble little things they all we use now unless driving round then use the hid lamp

Got red led in mine the beam seems to go on foreva and so much easier than lamp nowt worse than getting tangled up in wires in pitch black and carrying a huge heavy battery :) :)

• Like 1

I didn't want to force it on Craig just in case i cross threaded it.yes im good thanks i have rang two of my local RFD making enquiries and im happy with the prices.i wont be buying it until about April time I've got a rugby tour mid March with one of my sons,so once that's out of way i can add to my secret stash without the other half knowing, you know the score.let me know how you modify your pressure switch,to be honest i didn't know you had to hold the switch in?

good good pal glad your alright yea ill let you know how i get on buddy!!

Yea got to agree ultrafires are unbelivble little things they all we use now unless driving round then use the hid lamp

Got red led in mine the beam seems to go on foreva and so much easier than lamp nowt worse than getting tangled up in wires in pitch black and carrying a huge heavy battery :) :)

as i said im waiting for a red led to arrive from China,are they that good?which model do you use?

Its a ultrafire 501b with a diy fitted refractive lens (turns beam from flood to spot and adds tons more throw/range).

It was my brother who did the mod on it it makes a huge difference he has green led in his they both really good prob prefer the green tbh !

get the of nitecores batteries and chargers of amazon under a tenner for the batteries delivered

yes you can but not with UK based warranty...

have to buy from an official UK seller..not unofficial importer...as official UK sellers are restricted from selling on ebay and amazon they must be unofficial imports....