Different Crosses

forest

The foxy side tempers the beagle side down quite alot ,I like to view the cross in this way ,I find that a foxy is a better rabbit catcher than a beagle but a beagle is a better rabbit finder than a foxy ,so this cross can give the best of both breeds .They generaly have a better nose than a straight foxy and are quicker than a straight beagle & not as "pigheaded ".

I was looking at foxp terriers in the, but it seems there aren't many working anymore. There is I think a place for a trainable leggy terrier.

There is a lot more to go at your side of the world. Some of the Australian hunting looks epic (I know it's no where near NZ)

This is my old dog (Rip) in my avatar, I have no idea of her breeding, she came out of a JRT, we took her in because she was in a state, bone poking out the end of her tail, mange, only 8 weeks old.

She turned out to be one of the gamest, inteligent dogs I have had. Didn't go to ground, but put some foxes out of stacks of bales etc.

Rip3.jpg

The other is a collie/ESS, bloody useless dog.

Edited by Tozer
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...

P10002161_zps1c1225a3.jpg

This bitch is a 3/4 foxy (type of Jack russell)1/4 whippet.

P10002151_zpsdb32b2be.jpg

Try again ,1/2 foxy ,1/2 beagle .

Ive got ALOT of bushing dogs so I could be here a while posting .lol

Lurcher

Cocker spanial.

Cocker x parson russell.

Foxys.(2)

Collie x Lab .

Whippet .

German short haired pointer .

black Curly Ret X collie .

Fox Terrier X beagle .

Beagle .

Whippet x ESS,foxy.

Beagle x foxy (2).

Greyhound.

All are worked for rabbits in full time pest control in NZ.

Plus Ive got a full team of pig (boar ) dogs.

thats a beauty of a bitch as is the other one you posted-do you hunt mainly wild pigs with them

This is my old dog (Rip) in my avatar, I have no idea of her breeding, she came out of a JRT, we took her in because she was in a state, bone poking out the end of her tail, mange, only 8 weeks old.

She turned out to be one of the gamest, inteligent dogs I have had. Didn't go to ground, but put some foxes out of stacks of bales etc.Rip3.jpg

The other is a collie/ESS, bloody useless dog.

that's a very robust looking bitch,what else do you reckon's in her?

• 7 months later...

Ive got a number of "mixed" breeds for Bushing out rabbits .

P10002151_zps64ac21e2.jpg.

This wee fella is a Foxy x beagle ,one of several of this breed I have .

P10002141_zps52793f6a.jpg

1/2 whippet,1/4foxy ,1/4 springer spaniel,hes 6 month old & has just started work .

Hey there, I have been looking to find a whippet x for a long time now, and have been unsuccessful, but was wondering if you have any pups like the one in your photo for sale? Saw this, and am very interested in a pup like this. I am also wondering where about in New Zealand you are from?