The Quietest Springer ? Advice Please

Im looking to buy a springer in .22 in about 2 months when my rainy day pot is a bit fuller. What would you say is the quietest springer with full power best to buy?I'll be using it mostly for lamping hence i want something quiet and no comments get a PCP been there didn't like them and wore the t shirt,my biggest regret is selling my hw80c many years ago,if i was to get another is there a good moderator that does the job?

personally mate with any springer the clunk of the spring will be louder than the pellet leaving the barrell even if you had the best moderator in the world have a look at the a rifle with the grt technology ( gas ram) i think the theoben sirrocca do them as standard and bsa lightning do as well and maybe the hw 99s

and i can feel for ya worst thing i done was lend my mate my hw 85k never saw it again,

you live you learn i suppose

A tight spring guide has to be the biggest thing for silencing a spring gun a bit .I have a lightning after the spring broke I used a gas ram that failed then I fitted a tight spring guide , fitted to a new spring with a plastic washer and a steel top hat .Both these made the gun better the ram and the spring .The spring may be a little better than the ram .I have a tx 200 with no moderator the gun is not to loud because the gun is made well .A well tuned hw80 with any moderator would work well but at night even a silenced pcp spooks rabbits .

• Like 1

my .177 hw95k with the hw silencer, after I fettled it to get rid of the twangs and bangs, was the quietest springer I have ever shot. sounded like a pcp that was running out of air! verrry quiet. my .177 hw77k goes like a shotgun in comparrision, in recoil and noise lol

might see if my mate wll trade the 95k back to me ;)

Off the peg I'd say Air Arms Pro Sport or TX200 rifle are pretty quiet. Particularly in .22 flavour. A well fettled HW77 and HW97 are not too noisy either.

I was just going to say the pro sport as mine was the quietest iv ever owned but you beet me to it simon how you keeping bud hope all is well atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by bigmac 97kt
  • Like 1

Hmmm Simon's reply makes me think that the beast I have in the gun cabinet may have been fettled with, my HW77 is very quiet and low on recoil, but it is the 25mm piston job! Might have a go at getting it out of the stock and seeing if there are any stickers underneath it. Though quite who would invest so much in getting a gun tuned then letting it get into the state this poor 77 is in is beyond me!

personally mate with any springer the clunk of the spring will be louder than the pellet leaving the barrell even if you had the best moderator in the world have a look at the a rifle with the grt technology ( gas ram) i think the theoben sirrocca do them as standard and bsa lightning do as well and maybe the hw 99s

and i can feel for ya worst thing i done was lend my mate my hw 85k never saw it again,

BSA Lightning SE or XL advice please

Whats the difference between them?

BSA Lightning SE or XL advice please

Whats the difference between

in a nutshell the se is a bit shorter with mod and the xl has built in mod that acts as a cocking aid i think theres a slight difference in the stock i was quite lucky with mine had a really nice grain to it have a look here and its got all the specs and that

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bsaguns.co.uk%2F&ei=m9vmUoLHBLHH7AbvtIHIDw&usg=AFQjCNGwiG71ks26JTAVRIaOYpCjEIbIYQ&bvm=bv.59930103,d.ZGU

Edited by twymanc