Hobs Or Jills

Guest vin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive sorted hit with R,C1,, and we will have a good day out, no helper , i like to dog me own fert and net up meself,,,,i have place in mind hits all roads sets,,,, hit mite end up were we will have to

Seen it before but that looked a cracking few days sport. In cracking company, and a few handy dogs running about...... few beers at night and it would be priceless weekend for me

Don't panick tommo nobody's backing out

I'm sure its been done loads of times.

What your preferences and why for working ?

I've always had Jills...couple small and couple average sized for all occasions.

But I have worked alongside chaps who prefer hobs. ( some wont have anything else ).

The thing that put me off hobs is they get mental when there balls drop and they come in season..they lose all sense of hunting and only want sex..But the jills seems to handle it a bit better and still put a shift in when there getting hormonal.

I am thinking of trying a couple of Hobs next year... maybe breeding myself a few kits.

i always prefer working small hobs for the simple reason iv no interest in breeding ferrets

I'm sure its been done loads of times. What your preferences and why for working ? I've always had Jills...couple small and couple average sized for all occasions. But I have worked alongside chaps who prefer hobs. ( some wont have anything else ). The thing that put me off hobs is they get mental when there balls drop and they come in season..they lose all sense of hunting and only want sex..But the jills seems to handle it a bit better and still put a shift in when there getting hormonal. I am thinking of trying a couple of Hobs next year... maybe breeding myself a few kits.

i always prefer working small hobs for the simple reason iv no interest in breeding ferrets

In this day and age....

With medicine advancing...

Keeping a jill... doesnt mean you will have to breed... intentionally... or otherwise...

Ive no interest in breesing either... but keep 2 jills and a hob.

Jim asked me to put this on just for the craic,, hes having probs getting it to load up. good little movie if youve not seen it,,

near the end of the film they are ferreting using one hob, they got 50 rabbits in 2 hrs with it.

THE LAST BIT OF THE VIDEO,,,was 1 hobs work in less than 2 hours work, 49 rabbits bolts and digs and full of life still in,hit,,,,,,you will have ignore the rest of the video,, some of hit was,,,,25 years ago and amatures,,,lol

Edited by tjones3862

ive sorted hit with R,C1,, and we will have a good day out, no helper , i like to dog me own fert and net up meself,,,,i have place in mind hits all roads sets,,,, hit mite end up were we will have to muck in togeather , [on some sets,] but we will have the crack and have a good friendly day out,,, and see how each other works...

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 4

Butter fingers,,,lol,,, I noticed you Chining them after dropping that one,,,,we've all done it mind,,, or rather vin has,,, good vid jim enjoyed it,,was that old nightman on vid jim? Where was it,,, up Kingussie way?

that was young niteman,,lol,,, the 2 dogs on the hares,, his not for me,,, i add a video in 1 hand blue in the other,,and storm at the age of 12 was poking her nose in,,, shes the only biych ive add and i wished i cud have again,,, she was a perfect lamping dog and good on fox,,,, not that i give 2 shits about them now,,,, HIT WAS ABOUT 30 MILE UP FROM KINGUSSE,,,,,, IN HITS DAY RABBIT,,,THEY WAS 1OOOOOOO OF THEM,,,,,,ALL GONE NOW,,,, AND YOUNG GUNS AT THE GAME WILL NEVER SEE HIT LIKE THAT,,,,,SAD WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT..... GOOD OLD DAYS

IMG_4701.jpg

Edited by tjones3862

Yeh camped up that way a few times around then late 80' s early 90's at new town moor I think it was called,,,went to that animal park at Kingussie ,,, watched the fella going round feeding rabbits to all the bears and lynx wolves ect... Yeh there were millions weren't they,,,, mind I never went hunting up there,, wished I had

THE WILD LIFE PARK WAS ON THE LEFT,,,GOING TOWARD AVIEMORE,,,, THAT WERE WE TOOK THE RABBIT S WE GOT 30 PENCE A RABBIT,,LOL HIT WAS 25/30 YEARS AGO, AND PAYED BY CHEQUE ,,,,,,,THAT TELL YOU HOW MANY RABBITS WAS UP THERE,,, BACK HOME WE GOT A POUND SOME TRIPS WE WUD GET AROUND 280 MARK,,, YOU CUD SET A FENCE LINE WITH SNARS ,,, AND THEN GO IN TO THE FORESTS,,, BEHIND THEM AND BEAT THEM IN, CATCHING RABBITS FOR FUN,,,,,,,CRACKING DAYS WHEN YOU LOOK BACK,,,,, SOME TIMES TOMO THINGS DONT GO TO PLAN,,,,,LOL

IMG_5945.jpg

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 2

Yeh I got a few of those ,,,lol,,, it's part of the game,,,

I remember once just outside Appleby ,,, got stoped late at night,,, we were moving from one spot to the next,,, anyway plod pull us,,, 20 odd rabbits,,, they were right enough with us,,,in fact they weren't bothered about the rabbits and didn't nick us,,, but they did a pnc check thingy ,,, and a warrant came up against one of our names,,,,, I Imeadatly stated laffing at my mate,, thinking he's going in cells for the night......

Bollox,,, warrent was for me,,,,I got a free lift to chesterfield from Penrith nick,,,