Hobs Or Jills

Guest vin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive sorted hit with R,C1,, and we will have a good day out, no helper , i like to dog me own fert and net up meself,,,,i have place in mind hits all roads sets,,,, hit mite end up were we will have to

Seen it before but that looked a cracking few days sport. In cracking company, and a few handy dogs running about...... few beers at night and it would be priceless weekend for me

Don't panick tommo nobody's backing out

ive took this new fert out twice over winter,,,vin,,thats part the reason ive seen how me old hobs are showing there age,,,,he.s a live wire, when not in a set scratch scratch, in his box waiting for the next set,,,when to ground,,, they bolt or theres sqealing, in no time,, he nails them big time,,,[ but ] he dose get a little exited[ ouch]..lol but he will carm down,,,,

ive took this new fert out twice over winter,,,vin,,thats part the reason ive seen how me old hobs are showing there age,,,,he.s a live wire, when not in a set scratch scratch, in his box waiting for the next set,,,when to ground,,, they bolt or theres sqealing, in no time,, he nails them big time,,,[ but ] he dose get a little exited[ ouch]..lol but he will carm down,,,,

how big Jim ? PM me a few pics when you get time please. . . I'm interested to see how big they are..?

Jills won today Jim..And guess who never hit the spade all day ?

lol you will get the odd day lol,,, you wud have got a few more, but you was to cold for the hills vin ,,,you will have to get a warm coat like tomo,s,,,

It was freezing up there in the blizzards yesterday Jim..Its the 1st time this season i've been cold and uncomfortable...The dogs were trying to use me as a wind shield... even on the lower valleys it was cold and bitter yesterday...but up high it was nasty.

PS..it was Tomo who never got the spade out.

Yeh it doesn't often happen that the spoon never got used,,, but yesterday it was just used as a post to tie the terrier too,,, that second to last little warren they fair flew out,,, I had 6 befor sopy bollox had netted up the warren next to it,,,but it had been a slow morning,,, on big warrens with not many in,,, and not enough nets,,, leave them places in future to restock the rest of the land...

I worked 3 castrated hobs for 3 seasons...

And was very happy with them...

But was a little fed up of digging whilst the dog was sat watching....

So got 2 jills and a hob (vas) ...

Had much more bolts... and far less kills this season...

Went out last week with a mate... who has my old hobs....

Jills were bolting for fun... hob down....kill...kill..

Cemented it in my mind which i prefer...

Edited by B.P.R

I really rated my Jill and so did loads of other lads who I've been out with.

She bolts impressive numbers and I very very rarely dig to her.

However, I went out with Jim and saw the difference with his Hobs...

If they are gonna bolt they bolt. No matter what goes down the hole.

Difference is when his hobs get one in a tube it's wait 10 seconds and dig. If my Jill gets hold of one you are waiting 5-10 mins for her to settle with it, being dragged all over the place. Dig 2 foot to find she's moved.

I'm using my hob a lot more now...

E2736071-3DB3-4023-B851-974FCD1F7CD0_zps

• Like 2