Good Knives For Skinning?

Hello!

I'm looking for knifes that's good for skinning. I've recently used a gift card to cabelas from www.mrtoken.com that worked okey but know all my money on that one is gone. So was wondering if it was worth buying another one to get some knifes on Cabelas or should i buy my knifes somewhere els?

• Like 1

Hello!

I'm looking for knifes that's good for skinning. I've recently used a gift card to cabelas from www.mrtoken.com that worked okey but know all my money on that one is gone. So was wondering if it was worth buying another one to get some knifes on Cabelas or should i buy my knifes somewhere els?

Hello, I can recomend leatherman knives, they hold ablade for a long time and the're sharp; me and my mate were out snaring last night and he cut himself just by brushing past the knife!

• 4 months later...

Mora Clipper for around a tenner. Come in different colours, so less chance of losing the bright orange if you put it down somewhere, and they come razor sharp, with a scandi grind that's dead easy to re-sharpen if needs be.

• Like 2

if your interested , I have some full flat ground skinners I am about to put handles on 01 carbon steel 4mm from the spine down . and a small nessmuk with a 4" blade

send me a pm if your interested :thumbs:

if your interested , I have some full flat ground skinners I am about to put handles on 01 carbon steel 4mm from the spine down . and a small nessmuk with a 4" blade send me a pm if your interested :thumbs:

I would definately recommend a knife from Riohog, I've had two skinning blades from him, and they are fantastic, they take a really good edge. You won't be disappointed
  • Like 1

HAVALON PIRANTA!!!!

http://www.havalon.com/

Imagine a surgical scalpal on steroids! Replacement blades (so no sharpening needed), 100% sterile (blades are kept individually in sealed packaging), bright orange so easy to find! Super easy to clean! Strong enough to cut through rhino hide...not a common task in the UK though haha.

If you get one, you'll love it!

One word of warning, they really are unbelievably sharp! I sliced off a couple of mm's off my index finger and didn't even realise until my finger was wet with blood. Be really careful with these beasts!

Edited by RemyBolt