Hunting Hares From Horseback With Falcon And Sighthounds

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, that looks absolutely fab, and fantastic pics, you look like you had a lot of fun. The photos of the dogs with the falcon are amazing, how do you get them not to just grab the bird, I think my boy would get too excited during the run and make a mistake. No doubt that would be illegal over here and yet it is just so natural isn't it, bird of prey with dogs flushing the prey, fantastic!

• 1 month later...

Absolutely fascinating dw. What you are doing is my wife's dream. I don't suppose you are ever planning to do guided hunts like this? It would be the present to end all presents as far as she is concerned!

That is class. I was tempted to say that combining horses, dogs and falcons with the outcome of hares for the pot is just showing off, but it's brilliant! And what great pictures too!

• 3 years later...

Are you looking for Rabbits or Hares? Cottontail rabbits are found throughout the state including the farms and woodlands and are legal in 3 seasons that occur from late October to early February. The only Hares found in Pennsylvania, Snowshoe Hares, are in season only for about a week between Christmas and New Year and are found only in the forests, primarily in the northern parts of the state. A hunting license is needed and the booklet of regulations you get with the license details the seasons and harvest methods and limits.