Poaching Deer!!!

I work a lot on a shoot in devon i will not mention the name. its a great place and is hunted on, over and around a lot stalking lamping shooting fishing ferreting the lot. Was in the beating line yesterday and we where driving out a cover crop when we stumbled over a big red stag he was a good mature animal. This next bit makes me f***ing sick. He had been shot and the poor excuse of a poacher had only cut his head off!!! Left the rest to rot! Now i would be lying if i said i hadn't been out walking with the dogs some places i shouldn't of. But i tell you one thing if i do ever catch or kill anything it comes home with me and goes in the pot..Even if i do have to break my back carrying it home. To waste such an animal as a red stag! So some mug can stick it up in his shed makes me sick to the teeth. Sorry to have a rant but if any one is doing this stop and have a think for a minute. Do you think this is right? I am not having a go a poachers. As i understand this happens and has done for a long time but to kill a stag cut its head off and leave the rest is just childish!!! So if your up to this stuff grow up man up and get a conscience. its such a waste and really should not be happening it taints the hunting world with such a bad name!!!! Any way rant over and i hope you all agree with me.

All the best snatch

• Like 7

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work a lot on a shoot in devon i will not mention the name. its a great place and is hunted on, over and around a lot stalking lamping shooting fishing ferreting the lot. Was in the beating line yes

The amount of idiots with guns these days is frightening. Common practice to drive around lamping from the roads, no permission, just blasting anything they see and leaving it to rot, deer included.

i have to disagree! i know boys with tickets that poach stupid as it is but it happens!! i am not moaning about poachers just if you shoot something that big dont just cut its bloody head off!!!.. poa

I agree pal if you kill such a beast take it home fil the freezer don't just kill for a trophy as by the sounds on things that's what's happend here. Sad but that's what afew do it for trophys and for once its not the lurcher lads getting the blame lol

• Like 5

true mate, what a feckin waste of meat, and money if sold it if shot more so clean carcass. carnt see the point o killing something if you not going to eat it or sell it. that's why areas get hot for poaching them pricks feck it up for other lads who jump over the fence.

• Like 4

The amount of idiots with guns these days is frightening.

Common practice to drive around lamping from the roads, no permission, just blasting anything they see and leaving it to rot, deer included.

Often wonder how they manage to get licences in the first place, by bullshitting I suppose :hmm:

Edited by STRANGER
  • Like 7

I was invited out on a friend's bit of permission local to me, to go with him stalking last year and had a similar experience. Where some unscrupulous tw@t had dumped three of them in the scrap pile around the back of the shed when he whizzed round for a pee, one had been there a while, the other two maybe a couple of days… I cannot understand the mentality of these people, let alone the fact they are allowed firearms :blink:

• Like 1

Common practice to drive around lamping from the roads, no permission, just blasting anything they see and leaving it to rot, deer included.

Often wonder how they manage to get licences in the first place, by bullshitting I suppose :hmm:

Chances are not only do they NOT have permission they do NOT have a ticket , anyone who has a section 1 cert knows how hard they are too get & how easy they are to loose .They would be mad to risk shooting of the road , I been stalking & shooting 40 years & I don't know one person that thick !!! Sorry but if someone is up for poaching deer they wont bother getting a certificate before the event ..

• Like 2

Chances are not only do they NOT have permission they do NOT have a ticket , anyone who has a section 1 cert knows how hard they are too get & how easy they are to loose .They would be mad to risk shooting of the road , I been stalking & shooting 40 years & I don't know one person that thick !!! Sorry but if someone is up for poaching deer they wont bother getting a certificate before the event ..

i have to disagree! i know boys with tickets that poach stupid as it is but it happens!! i am not moaning about poachers just if you shoot something that big dont just cut its bloody head off!!!.. poaching for some good meat on the table i say fair enough!!! poaching so you can cut its head off i say... Bloody muppet!!!!

• Like 5

Id much rather have the meat than a trophy. The country seems full of trophy hunters, most just want to take photos and post photos on facebook groups of their dogs taking deer, charlie and long eared. Personally Id rather nobody knew i hunted and i just cracked on with the sports i love, and always had a freezer full.

The only excuse for keeping trophys like this is hunting lads, on a genuine paid for deer stalk wanting to remember a special day when they took a big majestic looking animal...and even then im sure the head is a sideline to the meat that they got from it and the experience they had too.

• Like 4

Agreed.

Some of the attitudes of so called 'sportsmen' these days is disgusting. Would prefer to have a slap on the back from their dickhead friends about the distance they dropped a fox or how many the shot in one night.

It's laughable.

Its these people who would think nothing of going back to shoot a stag they seen the day previous just to cut the head off.

The sooner the sport gets rid of those types the sooner we can defend our self with confidence.

• Like 1

Thats the thing isnt it mate, we can't defend ourselves as genuine hunters when lads are doing stuff like this. It looks barbaric even to lads who hunt so god knows how it looks to antis.

hopefully the government will have to make some cut backs, so we might have an open season on these dole grabbing trackie wearing pretend hunters. Only use 308 calibre so we make sure they stay down once hit. usually found feeding on ginsters pasties and jps blue out the back of shops and on kids play parks after 9pm.

Perhaps I lead a sheltered life :laugh: none of my mates would risk loosing there ticket , as for wasting carcasses if they don't go into the food chain they go into the dogs !! On the subject of trophy's my wall has 1 fallow buck with a broken antler (memorable stalk) 2 unusual roe heads (culled animals ) & a red my pal shot that his wife wont have in the house ....that's it ...not bad for 35years stalking ........Oh the freezer is choc a block with venison ..!

Who the heck would want to lose their ticket? Mind you, I haven't heard or seen any folks in blue out checking my way!

There are p***y poachers around here, easy to spot with their vehicles and frequently shooting off the back on a local lane.

Farmer went after them once but he got his 4x4 smashed in for his trouble.

Personally, I'd love a head as a trophy, just the one mind and after I'd have stalked it. Meat would definitely go in someone's freezer.

Not sure how we stop this without calling out the folk in blue every time we see poachers.