Running Dogs.....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What else would I do?   Too old to play football, too old to go clubbing and shagging around FFS Moved to Cornwall over 20 years ago, 'Cos of work I couldn't have a dog for 6 years. Like having a

I agree buddy...not a chance would I start with them,to tell you the truth although ive had a lot of pleasure through working them i became obsessed with the bloody things so they have in other ways p

Paul we've all had places to run dogs it just on some of the ground you need to be faster than the dog lol

Baw a very good subject, you can come up with them,, due to all the obstacles thats put in front of the young lads today,It would be No for myself, but I still enjoy schooling and rearing a youngster, and seeing the dog do his job,even this morning I got a bit excited when the young black bitch, was hunting a bit of rough grass, she was running around jumping like a kangaroo, she come out with a rabbit, I was thinking a Black tip, I am going to see a good run here, but only a rabbit, (((( I would not start again, but what is better??? than having a good running dog, that can do his job,

There is f**k all better mate, nothing comes close to seeing a lung bursting run, it's what life's all about. I just wonder if we are a dying breed mate.

eh, not me pal, if anyone fancies a day out but cant due to chucking themselves off 5 bar gates, only joking raymondo, get in touch wi me, i will strap you to mi back. born in an anderson shelter 1944, gerron we it

• Like 2

The line is cast I see Baw haha...id breed Pomeranians and sell em at half a grand apiece..more use than a lurcher..keeps my feet warm in bed and my neck warm when watching tele as the cnuts sit on the back of the chair haha

:laugh: every c**t thinks I'm fishing all the time lol. Seriously though, it was a thread header thinking of getting a lurcher got me thinking. If it wasn't in your blood, nagging away at you like a drug to do it, would I start out by getting a lurcher? Don't know if I would mate. Hard to get permission, police giving you hassle, folk walk there dogs as if yours is about to eat there's lol. Lot of hassles involved in lurchers for a beginner, lot more than in the good ole days ;)

What's your favourite method of fishing ?

Trolling pmsl

Nowdays I Can see the attraction of a little mongrelly looking rabbit dog that's doesn't attract attention.

More trouble here from coursing clubs than the law,some places we hunt.some of these cnuts think they own the hares lol.

yeah the law dont have much interest, an the ones in the north are tight with there budget an like to keep it for there overtime in july ;)

To be honest, it's one of the very few things that makes me happy. Being out with the dogs, day or night, walking or hunting. . . . it just helps me cope with life and the world. And as a result, I think I try to bury myself in it as much as possible. Add to that, the fact that I'm not great with people. . . .

But on a side note. . . one thing that I find interesting, is that the popularity of lurchers has exploded in the last ten years (pretty much since the ban, but maybe not soley because of). First you have all of the lads who have got into it, because it's illegal. it's 'cool' and it was plastered all over the t.v, papers etc.

And secondly - they are just fecking everywhere. Where ever I go I see runners being kept as pets, folk stop me and tell me how they, their daughter, their friend etc have a lurcher (non working). One even features on a sofa advert on t.v - in the rhyme in the add it says something, something, something then "and Grandad with a Lurcher", and shows a bloke sat on the sofa with a beddy x looking dog.

You even get Lurcherpoos. . . . .

More popular than ever, and yet more loathed than ever at the same time.

I'd say it had little to do with the dogs. . . . but everything to do with half the bell ends that own them. Those of us who have half a brain (or more) would be fine, if it wasn't constantly brought on top by the morons. . . .

• Like 6

To be honest, it's one of the very few things that makes me happy. Being out with the dogs, day or night, walking or hunting. . . . it just helps me cope with life and the world. And as a result, I think I try to bury myself in it as much as possible. Add to that, the fact that I'm not great with people. . . .

But on a side note. . . one thing that I find interesting, is that the popularity of lurchers has exploded in the last ten years (pretty much since the ban, but maybe not soley because of). First you have all of the lads who have got into it, because it's illegal. it's 'cool' and it was plastered all over the t.v, papers etc.

And secondly - they are just fecking everywhere. Where ever I go I see runners being kept as pets, folk stop me and tell me how they, their daughter, their friend etc have a lurcher (non working). One even features on a sofa advert on t.v - in the rhyme in the add it says something, something, something then "and Grandad with a Lurcher", and shows a bloke sat on the sofa with a beddy x looking dog.

You even get Lurcherpoos. . . . .

More popular than ever, and yet more loathed than ever at the same time.

I'd say it had little to do with the dogs. . . . but everything to do with half the bell ends that own them. Those of us who have half a brain (or more) would be fine, if it wasn't constantly brought on top by the morons. . . .

can just picture you typing that with a 9 skinner hanging out your mouth

• Like 2

Same as ideations first paragraph,aint good with people dont really like them,being out with dogs is my church.

Know people who did well at school uni ect,have big well paid jobs see there wife and kids on a weekend,see the countryside on countryfile,big houses big cars 2 hoildays a year. I pity them tbh.

keep hunting.

• Like 2

Sometimes I hate the fact that i'm hooked with Lurchers but thats usually because i'm reading some crap about them and their owners on here... But Like Jai and Weasle it brings great solace and happiness both to me and I'm simply a 'lifer'...

Dare i say it but... The terrier game is far easier IMO, get yourself a couple of farms on permo in the right speck and thats the weekend sorted.

A couple of farms would get waked over in a night or day with a lurcher, most of us need more and thats when the trouble can start... Right now its running dogs as public enemy no.1, every beat cop and their brethren is on the lookout for us and our skinny arsed mutts and its all our own doing....

But in the words of Harold Wyman, it's 'The Great Game' we have to play! So play it well, play it wise, play it fair and play it safe... Gotta keep on keepin on... :yes:

Who in the right mind would want to go out in the freezing wind and rain, wake up in the middle of the night to a gale blowing and think" lets get it on! " and not roll over thinking its bad out there ,who would walk the forests,fields,fells and fenns getting soaked,cold,hot,sweaty,ripped to death and covered in mud ........Who ? A lurcher owner! would I want it any different na not a chance as through all that the chance of seeing your dog hunt ,run and graft its arse off for you is something to treasure ban or no ban I love the way of life .

great post baw ,had lurchers all my life and at the wrong end of life now but still love the dogs with a passion cant sleep a wink if ime out next morning but with the state of the game at the mo i dont think ide want to be starting now. but contradicting myself my 9yr old grandson is out regular day and night running with me and my son , loves it as much as me if its in your blood you dont have a choice he is the sixth generation of my family to be in to his running dogs .at the end of the day its harder and getting worse but we gotta make the best of a bad job .

• Like 4