Religion/god Given Rights..

By the way, and old Muslim bloke once said one of the most profound things anyone has ever said to me......he said "in my religion we say all children are angels of god upto the age of 5 because they see only beauty and wonder in everything......they don't know hate and they don't know what it is to be cynical about things.......they are pure of heart "

I'snt the muslim kids words a non too startlin example of stateing the obvious...wilf

Like most things, it's obvious when someone tells you it but up to that point when did you ever think about it ?......... Sometimes you need to get shown what's right in front of your nose Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Religion was invented by very clever people, to further their own aims and to keep the common people in shackles, and discourage free thinking, all the main patriarch based religions are the best fair

One thing is fact when all looks lost and you have a millisecond to contemplate your life it's not god you think about or cry out for think about redemption from ... What enters your head for that bri

Growing up we was told theres 2 things a man doesnt have to justify......his faith or his football team ............for me only a complete ignoramus would mock another mans beliefs and ask him to jus

Posted Images

well when he reveals himself to me,ill f*****g believe aswell lol

You're Scottish. I don't think it will do you any good. :laugh:

ATB

well when he reveals himself to me,ill f*****g believe aswell lol

You're Scottish. I don't think it will do you any good. :laugh:

ATB

that suits me just dandy mate :D

• Like 1

By the way, and old Muslim bloke once said one of the most profound things anyone has ever said to me......he said "in my religion we say all children are angels of god upto the age of 5 because they see only beauty and wonder in everything......they don't know hate and they don't know what it is to be cynical about things.......they are pure of heart "

I'snt the muslim kids words a non too startlin example of stateing the obvious...wilf

Like most things, it's obvious when someone tells you it but up to that point when did you ever think about it ?......... Sometimes you need to get shown what's right in front of your nose

I probably thought about it after clocking the 4th or 5th baby morphing into chatalots, nobody needed to show me. I seem to recall clocking the muslims words not being absolutely correct before entering puberty, though looking back i guess that would be perfectly in tow with being well enough versed to rearing them.

Edited by oneredtrim

Like most things, it's obvious when someone tells you it but up to that point when did you ever think about it ?......... Sometimes you need to get shown what's right in front of your nose

I probably thought about it after clocking the 4th or 5th baby morphing into chatalots, nobody needed to show me.

Ahhh the power of free thinking man :)

" Really? Well that is just the kind of reply I would have expected from a christian :thumbs: so, oh enlightened one, please tell me just what it is I dont have any idea about? Or is it perhaps that you take issue with my obvious dislike of a "religion" that is a made up tale, written down in a book by MEN not some divine being, but MEN. And please try to deny that it has not being the cause of mass suffering, death, and destruction for centuries, lets look at a little thing called the crusades perhaps, another jolly in the name of the one who died for our sins, I could go on , but I will allow you a little more rope to hang yourself with first :D over to you, follower of the dessert religion." Originally posted by Charlie Caller.

A lot of "stuff" here. But I'll try to reply.

You don't seem to have any understanding about the Spanish Inquisition. You demonstrate this by comparing it to the NAZI's. The Inquisition's (there were more than simply the spanish one) accounted for an estimated 3,000- 5,000 deaths. Over four centuries that is. Many of the perpetrators of the Spanish version were not members of the Church, but civil employees. Your own BBC has done a piece on this. Perhaps you saw it and didn't believe it? Well if you do your own research you will be a little more ammendable to their presentation.

NAZI"s or Hitler as is more often blamed. Accounted for or 34 Million deaths in roughly six years.

Hardly a fair comparision wouldn't you say?

But for my part I'm prepared to apologize for the Church's role in the inquisitions.

Then you bring up the crusades. Again forceing me to think you are just spewing hateful rhetoric. But you can only play the cards in your hand right? So, are you speaking of the First, second, third, or fourth crusade. If only the Fourth, then we are in agreement. The first three were waged to protect pilgrims, journeying to the Holy land. You did know that right?

Enough about dark history. There is plenty of positive things that we can attribute to Religion. Missionary work, charities, education, healthcare. The list is quiet extensive.

You are right about the Bible being written by men, and perhaps woman. What bearing that has I am not sure. Everything we know is handed down by men, and woman who took the trouble to write down what they observed.

ATB

Thank you for your reply, firstly I dont understand why you are apologizing for the church and its role in the inquisition? You were not responsible any more than you were responsible for many thousands of innocent people being burnt as witches during the burning times,my analogy with the nazis is nothing more than an illustration of the cruelty and suffering inflicted by man, in this instance, in the name of the christian god.

You may dress the crusades up in any fashion you like, and pedantically differentiate between them, however the first crusade was ordered by pope urban the 2nd in oct 1095 to LIBERATE the holy land from the muslims and take pressure off the Byzantine empire (which was essentially the remnants of the old roman empire) but you knew that right?

The burning times as modern day witches call them, cannot be attributed just to the Inquisition of course, that especially dark period of christian history a 300 year period from 1450-1750 when thousands of women and in some cases men were killed in the name of the christian god. Killed under the name of supposedly ridding the world of satans followers, was as I am sure you will agree, an attempt to denigrate women, and subordinate the individual to authoritarian control, after all did not your own dear st peter call women "the weaker vessel"? So hateful rhetoric on my part? No I think not, an understanding of the lengths that christianity will go to in an attempt to control and brainwash. And the bearing my alluding to the bible being written down, has on things is quite simple, men or indeed women as you graciously mention, wrote down whatever they wanted, just as you or I could write down in a book whatever we wanted, then claim it to be the word of god, it was written by mankind,for mankind,simple as that.

Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1

qi said that the burning of witches only happened a couple times lol

Yes, a couple of times a day more like.

If they priests back when I was a lad could have burned me as a witch and get away with, I reckon I'd be charcoal, I kid you not :laugh:

• Like 1

qi said that the burning of witches only happened a couple times lol

Yes, a couple of times a day more like.

If they priests back when I was a lad could have burned me as a witch and get away with, I reckon I'd be charcoal, I kid you not :laugh:

You'll still be charcoal if the saluki lads ever manage to get hold of you! :laugh: