Dear Mr Mink . . .

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right so I thought I would have a crack at ending all of this bollocks. . . .   So I decided to start a post and try to answer some of your questions.   Let me begin by saying, you have absolutely

John Gaunt. Died in 1924 age 73.   Worked on the railways as a rat catcher and used foxes amoungst his terriers to catch the rats with.       http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?ke

Posted Images

When I was a kid my dads mate had two pet red foxes. They lived in a kennel and run, came out off lead and did some basic commands. And was there not a rat catcher that used two foxes in Victorian times?

:thumbs: Just watched that clip, interesting about the genes of the wild young overpowering the example set by the domesticated mother.

Exactly mate it's like evolution has almost geared some individuals within a species (including us) to be able to work together :laugh:

• Like 1

When I was a kid my dads mate had two pet red foxes. They lived in a kennel and run, came out off lead and did some basic commands. And was there not a rat catcher that used two foxes in Victorian times?

John Gaunt. Died in 1924 age 73.

Worked on the railways as a rat catcher and used foxes amoungst his terriers to catch the rats with.

johngaunt2.jpg

johngaunt.jpg

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;DCAV001501&pos=14&action=zoom&id=1500

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 7

The guy might of got it wrong about a mink killing a terrier, but so what, don't get too exited about it FFS, big fuc*ing deal! The fact is, the guy has done something different than most of us, if he wants to write a book that's fine........books are written every day about many more mundane subjects......including various forms of hunting, that are not that interesting.....

• Like 1

ACCIP - If you bother to read the numerous posts that have been going on. I think you will find that while most have slammed this guy, I've been defending him. Quite possibly the only one. I'm just being honest, and vocalising the thoughts of many, whilst also trying to explain to his haters, why I think the guy has a lot to offer.

• Like 1

ACCIP - If you bother to read the numerous posts that have been going on. I think you will find that while most have slammed this guy, I've been defending him. Quite possibly the only one. I'm just being honest, and vocalising the thoughts of many, whilst also trying to explain to his haters, why I think the guy has a lot to offer.

Must admit, I've only read his posts in the falconry section & someone put something up about the 'mink killing a terrier', just the usual sh*t of people trying knock someone down, for no particular reason, apart from they are just there & different.

I still don't see any reason for knocking someone who is writing a book, I wish him Good luck, whether I'm interested in the book or not.......

Well, the history of minkenry is perhaps a little short would you not think? And seeing as at the moment the other two areas we know it includes is stuff about ferrets and stuff about polecats, neither of which the author has seen, or knows about. I was just suggesting that immediately writing a book, may be a little premature. From what he has said, he has material for a damn good paper, but not much more. Give it another couple of years. . . . . and a book would probably be interesting.

But every one likes to be famous. . . . or at least try. . . .