Baiting Deer

But don't shoot them where you feed them or they won't come back shoot them on the way in or on the way out

Surely if you shoot them they will never be able to come back anyways...sorry had to say it, your right though.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

Carrots are good for roe!

Are they news to me that. my mate put two hundred weight down thinking they would come and munch them they was there that long some 4 months and turned green without a nibble until they eventually rotted and the slugs got them. I am still laughing at his efforts LOL

Fresh silage sandwiched with mallisis and sheep nuts set out in a sheep manger with a roof on to keep the rain off takes some beating but it takes a few weeks for roe to accept it. also peanut butter works well but it also attracts field mice so needs a cone cowl to stop the mice getting to it.

But this is deer culling not stalking.

Cheers

Stu

• Like 1

barley, wheat, steam rolled oats, chicken corn ... I've attracted them to feed with all of these, also liquid molasses etc etc

Only had pics / videos on my game camera though , If I had kept feeding the area and stalking it I would of bagged some but had to ease off due to starting a course and going part time, so funds are a bit tight atm

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I was expecting some sort of special horse meal or something!! I heard apple pulp?? Is this true? Or would veg be just as good

They love apples. My boss has property in upstate NY and he scatters bags of old apples around from time to time to keep the deer attracted to his land. Some folks use the deer feed or deer blocks. Some states in the US don't allow baiting; some allow it. If you have access to an apple orchard bring some garbage bags and fill up on the old nasty apples rotting on the ground .They'll eat em up.

Here in Michigan, baiting is pretty popular. We use apples, carrots, suger beets, shelled corn, and cabbage. Bears seem to like anise oil, but I've not seen a whitetail deer come in to it. Roe, and Fallow deer may well be different though.

Good hunting