I'm Buying More Cages ....!

:boogy: It's no good. I can hold in any longer! I'll go f**king mad if I don't tell someone! :D

Last night, a guy put up a block of three Double Breeders and a five foot by eighteen inch flight.

I've had my heart set on a triple block of doubles. What's a man to do?! Moments like this are what f**king overdrafts are there for. And I haven't touched mine for years! :angel:

I'm entitled to a treat and didn't want to miss this opportunity.

Now, I'm doing my f**king head in! Every time I go in my store room, I'm visualising the back wall, a solid bank of cages. All those unused cage traps can come down and just be stacked in a pile.

I'll get my lights, in due course, and shall get it right in there. I've been promised a pair of Irish Fancy canaries. Lovely little breed, them.

It's no good. I've got to get this off my chest ....! We caught a Lesser Redpoll, the other week. Two dozen various birds that day. And that one just took my breath away :wub:

I must have a word with my boss about all this. Maybe, if I stuck to Agates, Cinnamons, Silvers and Isabels ~ stuff no one could ever suspect of being dodgy ..... Only, I've spent some quality time, drooling over them on YouTube! :laugh:

• Like 4

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's no good. I can hold in any longer! I'll go f**king mad if I don't tell someone!   Last night, a guy put up a block of three Double Breeders and a five foot by eighteen inch flight.   I've ha

Well; I've just painted the outsides of both my new cages black. F**king terrible job of it, mind. Working in cramped conditions and piss poor light. Perfectly resigned to the fact that I'll have to g

have you got them or what -------------------- i think i`ll be setting myself up this year watch this space

Posted Images

Christ! They're tidy! :icon_eek:

You got an eye to the show bench then, Stig? Personally, I've never fancied that craic because, A/ I wouldn't know what to look for. And, B/ What little I understand of it goes a bit against my grain.

Eg. The show bird always seems to need to be bigger. Well, I like birds to look like what they look like. I don't like exaggerated features.

I s'pose, of course, one could counter point this with my considering unnatural coloured birds? But, that's just the colour pigment of their feathers. I like Blue and Fawn canaries too. No more unnatural than Yellow ones, of course.

What's your fancy, Stigly?

• Like 1

Christ! They're tidy! :icon_eek:

You got an eye to the show bench then, Stig? Personally, I've never fancied that craic because, A/ I wouldn't know what to look for. And, B/ What little I understand of it goes a bit against my grain.

Eg. The show bird always seems to need to be bigger. Well, I like birds to look like what they look like. I don't like exaggerated features.

I s'pose, of course, one could counter point this with my considering unnatural coloured birds? But, that's just the colour pigment of their feathers. I like Blue and Fawn canaries too. No more unnatural than Yellow ones, of course.

What's your fancy, Stigly?

be hanging out cages pete not sure what path i`ll go down yet ... be quality over quantity ---- but a few glosters for the outside flight i`m not rushing into it and it will be summertime before i start..

Edited by the_stig

OMFG! My cages arrived today! :boogy: Now, I can't even get to my own back door! My entire kitchen space is this Wall of f**king Huge cages!

This all went off so quickly, I never really stopped to think it through. I had this vision of lining out the back wall of my store room with cages. I'd just need to move the cage traps I have it covered with at the moment.

Guess what? The f**king traps are still there! :doh: It never really occurred to me; ' Pete; You've bought a mile square of f**king cages. They're on their way. This Situation Is Real! '

Now it's real! I can barely move out there! :laugh:

Okay. Well, I personally Love threads showing anyone's advancement with a project like this.

So, I guess I'd better give a bit back and turn this into one, for anyone else who likes to watch shit come together.

So, here's the situation at Ground Zero. I have these two cages, the size of small f**king wardrobes, in my kitchen!

My future career as a bird keeper starts HERE .....

tn_CageChaos_zps45a614b9.jpg

Let's see how it all pans out thgrinning-smiley-003.gif

• Like 1

attachicon.gifA320.jpg 25 quid in auction this morning ;)

do anyone want to buy same as the cages you have bought iv got six or sevan off them for sale if you know someone

I'm sure there budgie show cages so you could try the local budgie shows.

The very best of luck pete :victory: and here's to your summer being ruled by nesting birds and their young :laugh::laugh: .