I Never Thought They Come In Black & White

I never thought you could get then in black & white

553772_232839636898726_126999168_n.jpg

rutu.jpg

tiere_045.jpg

LOL they aren't ferrets. They are mink! These are a color mutation called "Jaguar". Look at their feet. They are round with short claws. And look at their faces, they don't have the pointy nose of a ferret. Also look at how fine and soft their fur is, instead of all spiky and coarse like a ferrets. The animal in the middle picture kind of under the black and white mink is a ferret. The rest are all Jaguar mink.

The bottom pic lookalike a albino weasel/stoat

Not even close. Weasels and stoats have a much lighter build than a mink. They have smaller heads, and longer necks and bodies. The mink are stockier built, just like the one in the picture. Here's a couple pictures for comparison...

Here's the profile of a mink

534604_10151198641856598_799849819_n_zps

And here's the profile of a stoat

images_zpsd77e7671.jpg

Here's a mink standing on it's hind legs,

mink_mustela_vison_imagelarge_zps0574bdd

and here's a stoat doing the same. notice the longer neck and smaller head

download_zps27b9752b.jpg

If it is mink would it not try kill that ferret?

Not all mink kill ferrets. I know several people who have mink that get along with ferrets, one in particular sleeps with them. I also know people who have lost ferrets to their pet mink. It just depends on the mink. Some mink seek them out to kill them, some completely ignore them, and some play with the ferrets way too rough, but don't really intend to do the damage they do to the much more fragile ferret. It just depends on the mink. Me personally, I don't mess with it. If I still had any of my ferrets, I wouldn't let them anywhere near my mink. In my opinion it's like trying to get a rat and a ferret to get along. Can you do it, sure I've seen it done. Would I try to do it, not if I value the rat's life.....