3/4 Or 1/2 Cross Feed Back

for me it would be a half cross every time, i seen a couple of border/beardie cross grey which were crackers. great rabbit dogs, and will surprise you with other stuff at times. there are a lot of good three quarter breds about, but some take too much to the greyhound for my liking.

i have heard that the alex dog throws some superb pups, although i havent actually seen any at work

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this is your first dog, regardless of what cross you pick, go for one that's out going and friendly. This might sound like a cliche but temperament is very important in collie crosses. Don't buy an

If I was going for a out and out bunny dog I'd go with a half x but if you want something that could spin the odd hare then I'd go with a 3/4.

Here is my 1/4-3/4. 29", and 65#     This is him trimmed out, following a training drag. He generally has a heck of a coat and is not bothered too much by our cold weather.   Good luck what

it would be a half bred for me to...

id even take on one of them reverse 3/4s , for the type of hunting i do i think theyd be handy

ive never seen a reverse 3/4 run, so i might be barking up the wrong tree, but what does one of them bring that a first cross doesnt?

id even take on one of them reverse 3/4s , for the type of hunting i do i think theyd be handy

ive never seen a reverse 3/4 run, so i might be barking up the wrong tree, but what does one of them bring that a first cross doesnt?

it picks its runs even more :laugh:

tbh probably nothing but more brain but one would suit me i dont need a fast dog for the land i hunt and the work id have it doing

• Like 2

tbh probably nothing but more brain but one would suit me i dont need a fast dog for the land i hunt and the work id have it doing

A first x only just does it for me.Jeez are your rabbitts that slow :laugh:

theres none running dogs out there what can catch rabbits so if a mutt with half greyhound in it cant catch rabbits there is something wrong with how your working it ....

theres none running dogs out there what can catch rabbits so if a mutt with half greyhound in it cant catch rabbits there is something wrong with how your working it ....

Had a first x did well enough for me.Was on about a 3/4 bred ?

I have a 3/4 grey he's heavy set more. Like a half cross he's 26tt and a great dog as said before pick a friendly out going pup here's mine http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/tomas172/?action=view&current=photo_zps4923ff97.jp.Here's another http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/tomas172/?action=view&current=IMG-20131006-00078_zpsdf225176.jpg. He's done well for me he is quiet sulky tbh but I'd certainly have another collie cross

Edited by tomas87

Thanks for all the replays to be honest I want it for a bit of everything I've got a real good bushing dog loads of brains real easy to work with so that's why I've pick the collie x. Would love to see them pups long dog and any other pics any body got. Thanks

DSC_0016.jpg

the dog pup.

atb long dog

• Like 1