What Is The Proper Term For A Person Who Hunts With Ferrets?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f***ing poaching b*****d f**k off,,,,, been called this before

Feck knows where he gets this term minkenry,,,I hate it,,, in fact as interesting as your posts are,, I have stoped reading them,,, cos your name annoys me,,,

I stopped reading them because he comes across as a proper bellend!!

Feck knows where he gets this term minkenry,,,I hate it,,, in fact as interesting as your posts are,, I have stoped reading them,,, cos your name annoys me,,,

LOL now THAT is just funny! LOL

Would you read my posts if I had a cooler name, but my posts were boring? :-P

Edited by Minkenry
  • Like 1

..although he don't need to know about the history of ferreting to write about the history of ferrets, apparently... :blink:

I did tactfully try to make a suggestion about that....

Ha ha ha,

Guys, I'm not writing a ferreting book. I'm writing a book on minkenry. I very briefly compare hunting with domestic animals like dogs and ferrets to hunting with wild predators like hawks and mink. It encompasses an entire tree paragraphs, and all I was looking for was a second opinion on the differences between wild polecats and domestic ferrets.

I have one person's account on the differences, and was hopping to get another. The point of the paragraphs is noting more than to show how working with wild animals is different than working with domestic ones. Nothing more, nothing less.

I stopped reading his stuff when it says at the bottom 23 hunts 30 whatever killed i would of gave up and got budgies or pigeons

It's not about the numbers mate. If I wanted numbers I would just set a bunch of traps. I could out trap your ferrets any day :-P

For me it's all about the pursuit. Your logic is like telling a falconer to get rid of his bird and get a gun. If his only goal was to kill +20 birds in a day, he would have gotten himself a gun now wouldn't he ;)

Edited by Minkenry

I stopped reading his stuff when it says at the bottom 23 hunts 30 whatever killed i would of gave up and got budgies or pigeons

It's not about the numbers mate. If I wanted numbers I would just set a bunch of traps. I could out trap your ferrets any day :-P

For me it's all about the pursuit. Your logic is like telling a falconer to get rid of his bird and get a gun. If his only goal was to kill +20 birds in a day, he would have gotten himself a gun now wouldn't he ;)

I think it's more the fact you've set it in your profile, why not just give an end of season total instead of updating it like a trophy? Come on now Henry.......

The guy has trained a Mink to hunt and has made some good catches and shared them.

Aye, he might be American and have a lot of the strange traits they have.

But he's a damn sight more interesting that 90% of the folk on here. . . . . .

I agree Jai, he does post some interesting stuff, but when you're intending on writing a book about your exploits do you not think it would make sense to to stick to what you know? :hmm:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/311408-ferrets-compared-to-wild-polecats/

AMEN!!! That IS EXACTLY why I am sticking to what I know. I am writing an ENTIRE BOOK on mink! I think that with the help of you kind gents I could manage 3 paragraphs on ferrets that would be accurate enough for my purposes ;)

Edited by Minkenry
  • Like 1

I think it's more the fact you've set it in your profile, why not just give an end of season total instead of updating it like a trophy? Come on now Henry.......

Good point. It was just a common practice in one of the trapping forums I am on, and for some reason I added it on to here too. I didn't think anyone would take it as bragging, since you guys net bigger numbers of game in a good a day then my mink will catch in a good month. I kinda though people would be curious what my mink caught, and how often.

Edited by Minkenry

Do i sense another book on TRAPPING on the way :hmm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm glad you said that tongue in cheek, you could bring all the traps you wanted over and still only catch a very small % of the rabbits that someone like The One would get with his ferrets and nets.. :tongue2:

Just so you all know, if one of you ever write a book on ferreting, and want to write a little bit in your book mentioning mink or minkenry, I will be happy to give you a few pointers if needed.

I wont, however, ignore your question completely and spend the next half hour telling you how stupid you are because you're British and that you shouldn't even attempt to mention mink in your book because you are a total ignoramus on the subject, and how arrogant you are for even trying to mention my sport. So yeah, just wanted to let you know that I won't treat you the way to guys treat me. LOL :-P

Minkenry I think your biggest problem is your attitude. You argued about minks diets and what wild life they damage over here. Yet you have never been here.... Instead of listening to folks you tried to make them out liars I defense of your mink. I hope your book does well tho unless it's gonna tell me how to catch more mink better than the other books out there, or wait for it, better than the guys out killing them an tell me. Then I doubt if ill ever own a copy. Take the advice given and get somebody who knows ferrets to write the chapters for you, it makes sense...

• Like 1

I'm glad you said that tongue in cheek, you could bring all the traps you wanted over and still only catch a very small % of the rabbits that someone like The One would get with his ferrets and nets.. :tongue2:

Cheers mate cheques in the post LOL
  • Like 1