Popular Posts

Bouncy ones.........

Yes near dunstable zoo haha

Have you found a feral population .....lol

Posted Images

Hogs about 2 I hear

i can see the dvd now....hogs,dogs n wallabiies

Good one we should make the filim be a hit on here

Live not far, walk the place quite often and have a mate who is a keeper there, shit loads of rabbits, wallabies and maras roam the downs but no hogs unfortunately unless a warthog escapes!

when i was out in Oz, the old waddies used to call any lurcher/running dog/mongrelly greyhound a kangaroo dog, and anyone under 50 called them stags. they are one and the same. the running dogs which were first bred out there were used on roos and sometimes emus and dingos cos there wasnt anything else to hunt until foxes, deer pigs etc ere introduced.. but they banned roo hunting with dogs (in the seventies i think?) and it is only introduced species such as deer that can be hunted now, so they are no longer roo dogs but stags instead.

Roo dogs are large smooth coated running dogs with nothing other than sight hound blood. Staghounds are the same but hairy. I'm a fussy eater and rarely eat either because I like neither. In most states it's illegal to hunt deer with sight hounds but in others it's a grey area. Roodogs should have the ability to catch and kill (or hold pigs) anything they're pointed at.

post-62934-0-44302400-1389535148_thumb.jpg

Roodog on the left and Staghound on the right.

Edit: it keeps saying the files are too big to upload when I try to upload a decent photo so you'll have to settle for that shit quality photo that hardly shows the dogs on an accidental cub.

Edited by Ausnick

Line bred dogs generally don't but very rarely they come out smooth coated from hairy dogs but still call them stags. Stags are a more solid type of dog while the roo dogs seem a bit lighter I reckon.

Did everyone reading that post put on an oz accent in their head when they read I reckon at the end, or was it just me :laugh: