Recall Advice

Do you only put her back on the lead when it's time to go home?

Dog will soon learn that it's time to go/end of fun and won't want to go back on the lead. Try calling her back and putting her on the lead at random times when your out

• Like 3

ye its only been haperning recently normaly she runs in front of me then comes back when called but tonight she had run after rabit in a feild came back then put her back on lead then i let her off after a rabbit then she decided to run over a main road with me chaseing her for 10 mins and she ran straght to my daughters and sorry shes 9 month :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Take her to different places they soon learn if you take them same way every time as said call her at random times and fuss herbefore putting her on lead.

When she runs off call her and run away from her she will soon come round let us know how you get on don't hit her only make it fun for her when she returns to you. A.T.B

• Like 1

Do you only put her back on the lead when it's time to go home? Dog will soon learn that it's time to go/end of fun and won't want to go back on the lead. Try calling her back and putting her on the lead at random times when your out

good advice. i still do it with mine even though their ancient :thumbs:

Do you only put her back on the lead when it's time to go home? Dog will soon learn that it's time to go/end of fun and won't want to go back on the lead. Try calling her back and putting her on the lead at random times when your out

A bit like yourself paulus ;)

Only hand feed her for a week. Stay away from the bunnys. Feed her every five minutes throughout a walk, keep putting her on the lead then letting her off again after a few minutes walking. When you're at home do not let her go for a walk/ jump in the car until she comes to go on the lead.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Aye me tae. I've seen me having to chose walks that go round in a circle cos the fuckers know when your turning back :laugh: go on the lead no problem but would lie down :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

some good advice on here. recall is one of those things like stockbreaking, its worthwhile constantly repeating the lessons throughout the dogs life, as recall is probably the single most important thing you will ever teach your dog.